More Bans Equals Less Harassment

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neverforever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

Where does harassment begin and stupidity end? So is the community saying that they rather play with idiots who fed, are generally bad at the game and doesn't listen/talk, over someone who knows what they are doing, but responds poorly to someone of lesser skill level by verbal abuse.... over the internet...

There was an old saying "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me?" of course that's not always true, and words do hurt sometimes. But uh, so does idiotic gameplay that is giving you a lose for no good reason. Or just plain bad communication.

Personally, just add a ignore feature. that stops harassment right then and there. And ideally, add a blacklist to blacklist people you don't want to play on your team. Of course you can't black list your opponents as this can be abused. This will be a lot better then reviewing every single report and case and warning/tempbanning and banning accounts. Your spending a whole lot of work for a 1/2 ass solution.

Perkynoobs

07-21-2010

Doesn't matter,pay or did not pay, everyone is treated equally. When you pay ANY game company for a digital good like an item in the game, the item does not actually belong to you, you simply bought the right to use the item in the game and that right CAN be revoked at any time for ANY reason. It depends on the company. Since Riot is a nice company, they check the consistency of the reports before they actually ban. (Well this was in the RuneScape [Dont' judge me] ToS so I assumed it would be similar to Riot's ToS even though I haven't read it yet.)

okrichie

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkynoobs View Post
Doesn't matter,pay or did not pay, everyone is treated equally. When you pay ANY game company for a digital good like an item in the game, the item does not actually belong to you, you simply bought the right to use the item in the game and that right CAN be revoked at any time for ANY reason. It depends on the company. Since Riot is a nice company, they check the consistency of the reports before they actually ban. (Well this was in the RuneScape [Dont' judge me] ToS so I assumed it would be similar to Riot's ToS even though I haven't read it yet.)
You are correct. The LoL ToS does depict this. Purchased goods are not the property of the purchaser. Riot don't even have to refund the buyer in most cases, they probably just would out of good customer service. The ToS protect RIOTs ability to do as they please with their intellectual property.

Diøs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-21-2010

too late... I can send a picture xD Bought a new one!

Sylvaeria

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye See View Post
The eyes of Jesse Perring are upon you. Any wrong you do he's gonna see. When you're breaking the summoner's code look behind you, cause that's where Jesse Perring is gonna be.
Why do you make Jesse Perring sound like... such a..... wow....

theerookiee

07-21-2010

i have play lol for awhile now i love the game i keep buying rp to get skins and champs but im getting tired of people whinning when u dont make it to a team battle in time then call u all sorts of stuff so then u dont feel like helping them anymore so u just defend ur base instead of going out with them and they threaten to get u banned cause u are afk but yet still walking around a turret defending and they say u would get bann for afk more then they would get bann for calling names

Demacia

07-21-2010

If only it wasn't my team making me angry.

If only it wasn't my team that made me want to yell at them.

If only i could afford a new monitor.

okrichie

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demacia View Post
If only it wasn't my team making me angry.

If only it wasn't my team that made me want to yell at them.

If only i could afford a new monitor.
Open your mind to new possibilities.

Consider anger management classes.

Get a job?

lol jk<3

dragonbayne

07-21-2010

Long as people that pay big bucks, yet feel like they can abuse people who havent yet, get the same treatment. I had one guy say he spent over 600 buck on here and he called me all kinds of nasty cursewords, and was very abusive.

Nihili

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrichie View Post
Open your mind to new possibilities.

Consider anger management classes.
Yeah, anger management is one of the most useful skills you could ever acquire.

Lets you save all that sweet delicious anger for later.