Summoner Progression Rollout

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yuralz

10-14-2009

Wait, so there's a reset today, and then another one a few weeks from now? Where's my incentive to play and "test" if I know it's just going to be reset again in a short time?

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

10-14-2009
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Umm...you get to play a fun game? What was your incentive to play this whole time throughout the beta if you knew it was eventually going to get reset :P?

You'll be able to learn the approximate costs of champions runes etc. so you can experiment now and then make more informed choices after the final reset.

Weretoad

10-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuralz View Post
Where's my incentive to play and "test" if I know it's just going to be reset again in a short time?
The incentive is called "fun."

ZSabre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuralz View Post
Wait, so there's a reset today, and then another one a few weeks from now? Where's my incentive to play and "test" if I know it's just going to be reset again in a short time?
Test new champion builds that you would like to see if it works in real games rather than AI? I mean, if its going to be reset why care as much if you lose? Of course youre still trying to win but yeah. New things such as trying a different champion or item build can be fun.

Bakanethe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2009

For those of us that have pre-ordered the game, will we be able to spend our Riot points? Technically we're spending/supporting more than the people that are buying the game cards, especially those of us that have bought both versions (and do we get greedy individuals get $20 instead of the typical $10 of Riot points?).

If not, I have to politely ask why, because if the game card point system was just implemented (which was a system we just got the specifics on), why wouldn't the actual buying of the game come first for point distribution? Once again, this is only if the answer is "no" to my first question, but if it is indeed "no", then I think those of us that pre-ordered should get an explanation for this slightly (and hopefully false) disappointment.

But no matter what the answer is, I REALLY appreciate what you guys have already done for this community!

Kryomancer

10-14-2009

issit just me or do i find the "Limited to 10 Champions" thing little.... unsettling? Cuz i tot LoL wud be like HoN or DotA where we get to play all the champions without us unlocking it? Just my opinion btw no offense intended.

Play

10-15-2009

I'm worried too, care to give us hint as to just how hard it is to unlock new champions? About how many wins will it actually take to obtain a new one, and can you get them all at any time or are some only for higher level summoners?

Bait

10-15-2009

i don't mind elo not being reset, but can you make it visible? i don't want to think that playing well during beta is a reason for punishment.

Mjollnir

10-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
i don't mind elo not being reset, but can you make it visible? i don't want to think that playing well during beta is a reason for punishment.
What he said. Everyone wants to know how well they're doing! Things like this shouldn't be private. I think the "hidden" rating in WoW is killing their arena, last I heard.

Crew

The Council

10-15-2009

Can we get a top 100 ELO list before the wipe please?