Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Summoner Progression Rollout

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blue

Recruiter

10-14-2009

I wish I knew my ELO too. Wouldn't it be better to just reset the ELO with the levels? I mean, some players completely suck without rune pages/masteries.

AGCrew Bloodwolf

10-14-2009

Props on working to make this the best, most fun MOBA game out there!

Looking forward for this patch.

Voygirl

10-14-2009

I don't like this, and I think this will be bad.

wakasm

10-14-2009

Quote:
Pendragon:

Woot - I'm AVERAGE! Or Below average! I'm just not sure.

Thanks for breaking my curiosity.

I guess it pays to be up late on the east coast.

Just remember. Bad players are indeed players too!

Gobbles

10-14-2009

I just was hoping for a new skill on Annie instead of Molten Shield :P hehe

Corran

Recruiter

10-14-2009

So are they going to start limiting us to the 10 champions to start? If so, which 10?

And can we start redeeming for skins? I kinda want to get my trist and CM skin, but I'd be afraid of losing that after the next two resets....

Bongotunadreg

10-14-2009

Sigh, well I knew the hours I spent on my rune pages would be lost eventually

Hoax

10-14-2009

Brace yourselves, the big patch that fixes some of the most obnoxious parts of the game is finally here. My concerns going in are that leveling will take a long time and progression will be annoying. We all just want to play LoL on a even footing. You don't want new players to feel like they are forced to be inferior for 6 months if they start playing a year after launch because it just takes 6 months to get max level and get enough IP to buy a few full rune pages of good runes.

Besides that massive mega concern I'm excited.

A top 25 ELO list would be awesome, hell top 100 would be even better.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

10-14-2009

I'd rather a top 10,000.

Also, Penny, do you currently have any idea on how you are going to treat competitive play come seasons? I.e.:

I think players interested in playing LoL as an eSport after the preseason will be driven away if they see they have to pour hundreds of hours of 'grind' into a summoner to make him competitive. And if you want to play in tournaments, you will need a level 30 summoner with LOTS of champions unlocked (mostly the most expensive ones), and a wide variety of T3 runes. This is very very expensive in terms of time. I think players might be disinclined to choose LoL over other MOBA options if they see this grind awaits them before they can even consider competitive aspirations.

Do you have any thoughts on that?

@bongatungadreg: Unfortunately, I spent all my hours finally whipping my 1k+ runes into a manageable 300...only yesterday. -_-.

10-15-2009

Quote:
wakasm:
Woot - I'm AVERAGE! Or Below average! I'm just not sure.

Thanks for breaking my curiosity.

I guess it pays to be up late on the east coast.

Just remember. Bad players are indeed players too!

I wonder that as well.

Is LoL's ELO rating system similar to the USCF's scale seen here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system#United_States_Chess_Federation_ratings ?

Would that mean that you're a Class C nearing B?

My win/loss/leave is 32/30/0 so I assume I have an incredibly average ELO given how even my w/l ratio is, or is that not how it works?

I would love to see a graph showing the distribution of ELO ratings within the LoL community, to see what the range is as well as the average. Are these figures something we can assume based on the use of the ELO itself, where there's a common spread among all applications of the ELO rating system?

Sorry if I'm a little incoherent, it's getting to be a bit past my bedtime :P