Summoner Progression Rollout

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tekno

10-15-2009

So i preordered is my account i currently have going to be linked to that, even though the way i paid is set up though a separate email

Blink182

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2009

First, Great job, this game is very cool, with this new system it will be better, honestly: GREAT JOB. XD

But I have one question (sorry if itīs posted, cause I donīt have much time t read all the posts =/) but, in this new patch, the error that was reseting pcs when the game is loading the champions and reset the pc. Iīm asking this cause my best friend canīt play this game, he get that error ( he tried everything, install and unistall the game, upgrade his videoboard configurations, but he still get reseted )

If someone can answer this, post as email for me plz at: unreal182@hotmail.com

Thanx for your attention =)

Misery

Recruiter

10-15-2009

Quote:
Influence Points have meaning: Players will be less likely to leave games now that there is a use for Influence Points. You will get the most Influence Points for winning a game, the second most for losing and a game, and you won’t get Influence Points for leaving a game. These changes allow us to punish people who leave the game early more effectively.
In my opinion, it would be more of a punishment if the players who leave a game actually lose influence points. Even if they don't get points for leaving a game, they will still get points/experience if they join the game and AFK the whole time. I've had this happen during several games. Implementing a system where players who had 0/0/0 the whole game not receiving any points may help fix AFKing purposely. Being able to report AFKers and getting an "AFKer" tag to your profile if say more than 10 people tag you would be nice as well. It could go away if you don't get tagged for a whole week or something.

Just some ideas. It's a great game so far; AFKing/leaving is the only big problem I've seen.

ProSpanker

10-15-2009

When will the server actually be back up to play again please?

Synyster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2009

Wow i suggested this a long time ago and wanted it SAWWEEEEEEET!!!!!!

Kilander

10-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery View Post
In my opinion, it would be more of a punishment if the players who leave a game actually lose influence points. Even if they don't get points for leaving a game, they will still get points/experience if they join the game and AFK the whole time. I've had this happen during several games. Implementing a system where players who had 0/0/0 the whole game not receiving any points may help fix AFKing purposely. Being able to report AFKers and getting an "AFKer" tag to your profile if say more than 10 people tag you would be nice as well. It could go away if you don't get tagged for a whole week or something.

Just some ideas. It's a great game so far; AFKing/leaving is the only big problem I've seen.

I agree that people who leave or AFK is frustrating. It probably happened my past 4 out of 5 games. However, if RIOT makes the penalty too harsh, it will discourage players from playing and resulting in less money for them to make. They have to balance this out which is not an easy task when looking at it from a business perspective and not from a gamer only perspective. By not gaining any Influence points for leaving should be suffice enough penalty since the player won't be able to advance. As for the AFK player, perhaps they can implement a no influence penalty after a few minutes of inactivity? My suggestion is 1 minute, but ya never know in those situations where you have an emergency BR run in the middle of the game. :P

Anyway, can't wait for the release and the server to come back online.

Chopxsticks

10-15-2009

What are ELO's? I saw someone mention that earlier

neojb1990

10-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopxsticks View Post
What are ELO's? I saw someone mention that earlier
In a nutshell, ELOs are a number that you get that determines your skill in the game. I don't really remember how its calculated but wins and losses are pretty much the whole shebang. And then I think it measures you individually by score and whanot. So its your rank pretty much.

Oh and you can't check it. Only the devs know it. You could ask one though and they might tell you.

ProSpanker

10-15-2009

When will the server be back online please?

ColateralDMG

10-15-2009

All fine but what with the "IGNORELIST"
Hope i can ignore players for the games i join!
Or is it still a senseless option????