RANT: Bad Teammates

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TizzyE

02-16-2012

A short guide to solving OPs problem.

Step 1: Get friends that don't suck at the game
Step 2: Play with your friends. You don't need to care about them outside of the computer, just fake it.
Step 3: Use a VOIP because typing sucks.
Step 4: ????????
Step 5: Profit

Hyosun

02-16-2012

lol @ Cal.

the dreaded HUEHUE!

WheelchairTennis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denebious View Post
. It's impossible to have the average wins of the entire playerbase go above or below 50%...
Actually, it is possible (and is almost certainly the case) because leaving counts as a loss. [:

GaddafiDuck

02-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRAWKAx View Post
News for you: Level 30 randoms are still idiots. Keep playing well and you'll eventually start having more positive experiences, but whenever playing with randoms you'll come across those who don't communicate. Maybe try out different roles or something that'll give you a better chance to win when teamwork is low. In my experience, a super fed carry is worthless without a good team to soak up enemy damage. Try spreading the kills around a little bit. Play tank or support and follow your team carry around mid-late game.
news for u. it doesn't work like that. 3 man premade tonight. 8 games. 16 random players 3 decent. 1 good. 12 feeders. riots player matching system is the reason i'm switching to dota2

Haunchbones

02-28-2012

when you win its because of your team

when you lose, its because of you

think like a champion, win like a champion

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2012

Normal games do use ELO, though sometimes I question to what extent its used. I've had weird matchmaking things on both sides. Sometimes I find myself with a team that has no clue how to play the game, sometimes I find myself against a team that doesn't. Like what is that Annie doing vs me mid with heal/clarity? How is that person anywhere near my level? Well maybe its a low level in a premade, except that her whole team is that bad.

Usually I can tell when someone is trolling because at least they have decent mechanics, so I don't even think that was the case...

Hackulator

02-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyCz View Post
"Lose some Win some" only occurs when you get bad teammates, you would win more and lose less if you had teammates equal to your level of play.
The lack of basic brain function associated with this statement boggles my mind. Also, normal HAS hidden elo, so you're getting matched with people of your skill level. If your games are all losses, consider the fact that the one thing they all had in common was you.

Ramnok

02-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRAWKAx View Post
News for you: Level 30 randoms are still idiots. Keep playing well and you'll eventually start having more positive experiences, but whenever playing with randoms you'll come across those who don't communicate. Maybe try out different roles or something that'll give you a better chance to win when teamwork is low. In my experience, a super fed carry is worthless without a good team to soak up enemy damage. Try spreading the kills around a little bit. Play tank or support and follow your team carry around mid-late game.
I actually got together my friends and while they're no spectacular bunch they are better then any pug I've come across. There are tons of OP champs in our normal "elo" range it's the same over and over and no one changes. Usually about the second game we play against the same 4 champs we've learned how to rape them and all is well.

will00154

01-06-2013

YES! I just had 10 bad teams in a row!

I ended up playing a bot game to get the first win of the day.

I sincerely agree with the fact that there are just hopeless people out there playing normal games.

But look, I bet your luck is better than mine, cause all 10 games I played today, I was the only one who had more kills than death.

And I wasn't even an ADC. I was mid or top.

However, do you know what makes me sad the most?

It's people's complaints during the game.
"You suck" "No, you suck" "Ward doesn't make you win the game." "Bad Team QQ" etc.

I did all I could: zone the enemy, soak all the damage, even buy sightstone to ward everywhere by myself, ping every time the enemy tries to gank my team....

But in the end, you just can't carry the entire team.

Dumb people will always focus on the enemy tanks. (even initiate the teamfight with them)

Dumb people will never buy wards thinking that it's something that you use only at the beginning. (or leave it all to support or jungle)

Dumb people will go after enemy champions who have low health even if they have 10 hp themselves. (and then get kited at the bush)

Dumb AP carry will always recall whenever he/she gets some damage from team fight.

Dumb carries will complain why tank couldn't protect them, when they were at the front of the team. (sometimes, even I am a mid AP carry, I get this complaint.)

Dumb jungler will always jump into enemy hordes, thinking he can 1vs5

Dumb support will always herp derp and mistake themselves as a carry. (of course, no wards)

Dumb top will always focus on enemy champion and feed the enemy.

Dumb team will spend 50 percent of their brain power to complain about their team during the game. (And their own score is the ****tiest of all)

So, what is my conclusion?

Like many others say, grab a person who would play with you. (and you know he isn't too bad)

As long as you have 4 decent players in your team including yourself, you should have somewhat of a chance.

Good luck out there. (I'm out.)

AmericanHat

01-07-2013

Terrible teammates are what make me be happy to go to work and deal with irate customers.

Playing a bot game since none of my friends were on. Messing around as Top Vi with a random Maokai. Everyone was in the negatives, except our Ashe.

Karthus ended up being 9/16/34(most of those were NOT from "Press R to win"), Morgana was 4/22/16, Maokai was 9/10/26, which wasn't bad. They just kept dying over and over and OVER again.

I just don't even know how some people can be that bad against BOTS. I went from being meh and messing around because it's lolbots, to actually having to give more than half a ****.