@Riot Ambassador - IP costs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charles Barklius

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
You guys all care about League of Legends - it's why you're here on our forums talking about the game.

We know this and we care just as much (if not more - after all, it's what we do all day long and our careers revolve around it). You want to know you are heard - and believe me, we hear you.

Everyone at Riot has sat where you sit, as fans of a particular online game that wants to help make it better.

One of the #1 things you guys can do to help us make the game better is to help improve the community and being positive. Whether it be being a great judge in the tribunal, to being friendly in all of your games, to writing strategy guides or talking on the forums - community is the heart and soul of League of Legends and anything you guys can do to help us here is hugely appreciated.

We'll be rolling out some additional (and very cool) community programs this year - but there's no need to wait when you can all get started today.

Pay it forward if you love LOL!
I just wanted to say thanks Tryndamere. I can't think of any gaming company that interacts with the community this much. And Ive never seen the president of any company post on a forum :P. Keep pumping out great content and Ill keep throwing money at the screen!

IS1879fbf8ece39275db4d9

01-31-2012

Quote:
Re: what we're working on and when things will be released - one of the lessons we learned the hard way was that when we explain what we're working on, it essentially becomes part of the permanent record.

IE - magma chamber / shiny.

Game development is largely research & development (R&D) where you are experimenting with lots of different things - some times the things you work on simply aren't cool and you need to go back to the drawing board and take a different approach.

This has happened with virtually every single feature people are waiting for still, so we've adapted our approach to only communicate about the thing when it is nearly ready for release - ala Dominion (1 month from announcement to launch).

There's no conspiracy here, the reality is we have more Rioters working on making LOL awesome than ever before, so lots of great stuff is in progress, but there is variability in terms of when things will hit the quality bar that we want and need to show you guys and commit to deliver it to you.

I understand everything you said and to be honest, this is exactly the kind of response I was expecting. My point is: Why didn't you say so 6 months ago?Why was the thread closed without a response? That's the kind of thing that makes people think about conspiracies.

AncientPriest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsTouch5 View Post
Not to get off topic or anything Trynd....

(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ︻┳═一 ┻━┻

But this table is gunna get it if patch notes dont come out sooneish.
Some other Rioter has already replied that question saying that due to some server issues (a blocker bug) they developed 2 different patches.

1 Full patch if the bug gets fixed quickly
1 Smaller patch if the bug persists.

This is why they can't release patch notes as they don't know which patch exactly is being released.

I saw it in another thread

Hahke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

I hate to harass you about this Tryndamere, but since you're taking the time out of your schedule to answer a lot of the community's questions I thought that I would throw my own two cents in about your current policy on Legendary Skins.

Is there a DEDICATED effort at all in the near future to update any of the older legendary skins? I know that you probably do not want to comment on leaks, but some of your more recent legendary skins have entirely outdone some of the legendary skins in the past that are still available in the store at their own 'legendary' price point. I understand that in the past (and I seriously mean in the past) some of the marketing team has commented that they do not want to change the appearance of skins too much to the point where consumers who have purchased the skins are no longer happy with the updates or additions done to them.

But, in my own defense of being a consumer who has purchased numerous skins and even champions in League of Legends there isn't enough effort onto the skins that are supposed to be... well you know 'legendary'. I understand that the process of updating a skin takes time and requires resources that could be spent on simply making a new skin for that champion, but it's almost a slap in the face of the consumer to have a legendary skin being outplayed by other skins at even CHEAPER price-points.

An example of this is with the Alien Invader Heimerdinger skin. One of his biggest selling points whenever he was first released was the fact that he had new turrets to replace his others one and to go along with his 'alien theme'. But, months later you released a Astronaut Teemo skin that makes use of 'lasers' for his auto attack animations.. and I understand it once again takes efforts to change particles.. but changing the turret attack animation to the same kind of lasers will GREATLY increase the quality of the skin.

What is concerning your consumers who have already gone out of their way to purchase these skins is that last year Riot Games sent out surveys (not to me personally) to players who have purchased some of these skins claiming what they thought on the Legendary Skins that they purchased being either discontinued or cut in half. (Source: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1362983)

I cannot find the source of the thread any more but in the past some of the older Legendary Skins didn't even live up to the standards that Legendary Skins are supposed to have. I remember it was a post again... AGES ago... from somebody in the Marketing Department.

Do not get me wrong though, I do understand that sometimes you go back and update older skins... but whenever they are updated they are RARELY documented in the official patch notes. If anything it should be mentioned and sales could be increased on that particular skin because of such. But, I also find that it's... almost false advertising to update some of the older loading screens for champions but not actually doing anything to their skins either.

All and All, I absolutely love your game and honestly rarely does a week go by where I haven't at least played a game. I appreciate your contributions to answering the questions that the community has for you.

Quinnfamous

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarurob View Post
i think the selling power bit comes from the tremendous amount of smurf accounts.

lvl 1 with full rune pages, could seriously turn off new players that dont know what to do.
Other then the fact that a lvl 1 can only use like 1 rune, i totally see where you are coming from...

KiakinBloodz

01-31-2012

Tryndamere

can you give ANY information on what you are planning to do with shen?
and i wann tell you about a bug that happens to me
bugsplat sometimes LoL CRASHES BUT IT IS RARE

but it ALWAYS happens when i alt+tab...so i can't alt+tab the game anymore because LoL IS GOING TO CRAH AND I WILL NEED TO OPEN THE CLIENT AGAIN

edit:same thing happens when alt+tab the loading screen

LoL crashes and BugSplat appears on my screen

I Really need help with this Bug Splat thing

basod

01-31-2012

I really don't get the NA community who cry so hard about Reds not posting much. Compare to the EU forums, there has been more red posts in NA from the last twelve hours than the last THREE days in EU.

I really wish there was an international forum so every LoL player regardless of their country gets to feel they can contribute.

Azure Bomber

01-31-2012

Quote:
Hey guys, just saw this post and the response from our "Riot Ambassador" - and a allow me to clarify a couple things:

1. We take our community interaction extremely seriously and this red response is completely unacceptable.
2. The "Ambassador" program will be on hold while we re-evaluate our personnel selection and training criteria to ensure that responses like this that do not reflect Riot's community-centric approach do not happen again.
3. Allow me to apologize on behalf of all of Riot for such a poorly thought out reply from our Ambassador to a legitimate question, and rest assured we will resolve the situation.

In regards to the original question:
- Since April of last year, we've reduced the IP prices on nearly 20 champions
- We will continue to lower IP prices on champions in the future and have a number of additional reductions in the works
- We haven't ruled out any of the IP price points you have mentioned for new champions, but we like the adoption rate of champions that we see at the 6300 price point, although that is only one of the criteria that we use to determine prices

As with everything, we appreciate your guys feedback and will continue to pay close attention to this issue.
It's pretty cool that you are replying to all these questions, but one thing that bothers me. You haven't mentioned anything to do with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjakrew View Post
2. Why do 3150 IP cost the same RP as 6300? Will this be changed?
This is a stupid system and really needs to be changed.

xxKawaii Hime

01-31-2012

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but I just wanted to know if Magma Chamber is "still" on your radar.

lbgsloan

01-31-2012

Quote:
This is a stupid system and really needs to be changed.
Sadly, the answer to this is there must be kids out there actually paying RP for 1350s and 3150s. Companies aren't stupid when it comes to making money, so if they are leaving 3150s at 975 RP it must mean enough people are buying them that they do not need to lower it.