@Riot Ambassador - IP costs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phutch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

**** IP costs. Fix IP gains. The cost is fine.

IS1879fbf8ece39275db4d9

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
Actually I don't think that us at a company being accountable to our players to deliver consistent and great service is a "corrupt system" at all - I think it's the way things SHOULD be and helps avoid "corruption" because the best way to avoid "corruption" is transparency.

We deserve to be called out when we don't perform - that's one of the ways we can keep getting better and ensure we don't get complacent.
If that's the case, here is an OLD thread where you promised us some feedback:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=370642

You promised us some feedback regarding lots of stuff but we never heard from you again. Then the thread got misteriously closed. That's bad PR, to say the very least.

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

01-31-2012
26 of 39 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygagaissexy View Post
Just want to say thank you for handling this Tryndamere, hopefully you guys can improve the Ambassador program to achieve what you had hoped it would.
We will! If there's one thing we're good at at Riot, it's constantly improving and learning from our mistakes. Appreciate the support!

Hawkeye

01-31-2012

Quote:
Actually I don't think that us at a company being accountable to our players to deliver consistent and great service is a "corrupt system" at all - I think it's the way things SHOULD be and helps avoid "corruption" because the best way to avoid "corruption" is transparency.

We deserve to be called out when we don't perform - that's one of the ways we can keep getting better and ensure we don't get complacent.
I just wanted to say I think it's really cool that you were willing to step in and address player concerns on the matter. I'm glad to hear that you will be reviewing the Riot Ambassador program, because frankly a lot of the responses (particularly by "The Beard") have been awful.

For another example, a player recently wanted help because smurf detection was making him fight level 30 summoners at level 9, for which he was losing all his games and getting reported. The Beard's response was for him to level up in bot games: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...71684#20171684

KiakinBloodz

01-31-2012

Tryndamere

can you give ANY information on what you are planning to do with shen?
and i wann tell you about a bug that happens to me
bugsplat sometimes LoL CRASHES BUT IT IS RARE

but it ALWAYS happens when i alt+tab...so i can't alt+tab the game anymore because LoL IS GOING TO CRAH AND I WILL NEED TO OPEN THE CLIENT AGAIN

edit:same thing happens when alt+tab the loading screen

LoL crashes and BugSplat appears on my screen

Beojiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

The only real problem with these 6300 champs is that to play at a elevated level of play you need to spend alot of IP on runes =/ i may not have the champion cost problem, but it's still alittle irritating when nothing special ever happens besides a new hero every 2 weeks or a cool skin. To try and summarize what i just said if you dangle your keys in front of our faces (double IP, more champions free on weekends) we tend to sit there... http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ngRainbows.jpg yea that

sicdeath

01-31-2012

Quote:

Its been months since we had IP reductions on champions. You said in the near future (Not a fan of that answer =P) When can we expect it? Since all new champions are 6300 and you don't plan to have anything lower than that it seems.

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

01-31-2012
27 of 39 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashrack View Post
If that's the case, here is an OLD thread where you promised us some feedback:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=370642

You promised us some feedback regarding lots of stuff but we never heard from you again. Then the thread got misteriously closed. That's bad PR, to say the very least.
Re: what we're working on and when things will be released - one of the lessons we learned the hard way was that when we explain what we're working on, it essentially becomes part of the permanent record.

IE - magma chamber / shiny.

Game development is largely research & development (R&D) where you are experimenting with lots of different things - some times the things you work on simply aren't cool and you need to go back to the drawing board and take a different approach.

This has happened with virtually every single feature people are waiting for still, so we've adapted our approach to only communicate about the thing when it is nearly ready for release - ala Dominion (1 month from announcement to launch).

There's no conspiracy here, the reality is we have more Rioters working on making LOL awesome than ever before, so lots of great stuff is in progress, but there is variability in terms of when things will hit the quality bar that we want and need to show you guys and commit to deliver it to you.

DARK P3RF3CTION

01-31-2012

Quote:
We will! If there's one thing we're good at at Riot, it's constantly improving and learning from our mistakes. Appreciate the support!
Tryndamere, can you HINT at any upcoming releases (map, graphical reworks, stealth update) anything huge, don't want a ton of info but just a HINT would make me happy. C:

Edit: Sigh nevermind, I just saw the post above /wrists.

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

01-31-2012
28 of 39 Riot Posts

One other quick thing, "Shiny" was an internal name and the approach we used failed and has been entirely killed.

The goal of the effort though was to improve our visuals, art quality, graphical fidelity, etc - this we WILL do and are still actively working on.