@Riot Ambassador - IP costs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

getdunked92

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
Hello Ninjakrew, thanks for reaching out to us!

Have you taken a look around General Discussion lately? There are TONS of threads about this particular subject. As a courtesy to the rest of our community we try not to split conversations up into multiple threads, so I won't be able to give in-depth answers to these questions here.

Take a look in General Discussion and contribute your voice to the existing threads!

-The Beard

your a fkn idiot answer the question ******bag and stop dancing around it arrogant twit

Insaneyall

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
quoting this so i remember to bring it up when i get the chance--i like this idea.
Rise of the Bots sounds like a good way to test it out 2x Ip and Exp for playing against the new bots.

getdunked92

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
No, it hasn't, but it's important to us that we communicate effectively with our player-base, even as we grow.

It's like the last episode of the Sopranos. No one who actually watched the show liked the ending, because it didn't capture what made the show great in Season One. So many TV shows fail after their first season because they fail to recognize what really made them great. We're making sure that as we grow, we don't drift from the player-focus that made you guys choose to be part of this community from beta on.

So we're going back to the drawing board to make sure we're providing the value you guys deserve.

-.- the sopranos last episode sucked did he get killed or not ANSWER ME **** YOU TELEVISION i cried myself to sleep that night

Bloodragoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

So Riot what's happening with Achievements o.O?

YouWillSuffer

01-30-2012

I love Riot's attentiveness to stuff like this. I was so disgusted with Beardy's response that I didn't even reply at first.. (From the whole mom in my head telling me ya' got nothing nice to say don't say anything at all)
and then I come back to this

manly tear down my cheek mang

FenixHero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
quoting this so i remember to bring it up when i get the chance--i like this idea.
Yus!!!! Then everyone will stop crying about the champs being 6300!....(Hates that he's 1800IP away from new little bomb dude, wants explosive kitten so badly :| That sounds bad I don't want a kitten to explode I just want a kitten to explode others?)

Supercrest

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbulance View Post
About double IP weekends... why not do double XP on certain maps, like TT one weekend then maybe Dominion the next etc...
It's a really good idea but there are just not enough maps to support it. Take WoW for an example: They have that RDF system that gives you a First Win of the Day which takes you to any random heroic 5 man dungeon or you can use the RPvPF where you get a bonus for selecting random and sometimes there are holidays on specific maps but that only works because WoW has so many game modes/maps:
Arathi Basin
Alterac Valley
Eye of the Storm
Warsong Gulch
Wintergrasp
Strand of the Ancients
Isle of Conquest

However LoL only has 3 active maps/game modes and so there are not enough maps to get double XP/IP. Also double IP and XP is a bit much don't you think? Maybe if it were a set 50-100IP bonus for playing this map or that map would sound a bit more reasonable.

To increase the number of game modes, LoL could introduce Arena. Like WoW's arena essentially however there are games modes of 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 5v5 6v6 7v7 8v8 and each player starts at level 18 and are given a large sum of gold that can get you a balanced build or enough gold to buy you the riot recommended items. Features Include:
-Fight to the death:
-3 rounds - Time limit 7 minutes, team with highest HP avg%. wins. Draws result in 0 ip/xp gain
-No recall
-No base
-No minions
-No brush
-No turrets
-Penalty for leaving is a debuff that lasts for 1 game of Arena type to give no IP on win
-Leavers grant team buff to even the odds (Damage, HP, Defense)
-Cannot rejoin game after leaving
-No terrain
-No fog
-Only level 30's
-No Respawns
-Arena size varies depending on the team size.

Might be cool to see this but there would probably be a lot of work needed.

Brogue

01-30-2012

Poor guy. He was probably given a script to type out and also, I imagine that being an ambassador...one wouldn't be able to delve such information like IP costs and the like or maybe he doesn't know the answer.

I'm sure everyone sees what he did as a horrible mistake, but that was just it...a mistake. He's a human being too ya know. :\ I hope everything gets sorted out between him, the company, and the community.

Damon Deziel

01-30-2012

Just going out there to say this but, I really these aren't just empty "half-promises" as I call them.

I hope they don't just decide that saying, "Hey we'll look into these things we've forgotten in the past and try to fix them." Then just do nothing as if this whole schnafu never happened.

Masterlord 7

01-30-2012

these red answers is why i really love riot, they try to answer what they can and try to amend when !@#$ happens