@Riot Ambassador - IP costs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hythans

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
Hello Ninjakrew, thanks for reaching out to us!

Have you taken a look around General Discussion lately? There are TONS of threads about this particular subject. As a courtesy to the rest of our community we try not to split conversations up into multiple threads, so I won't be able to give in-depth answers to these questions here.

Take a look in General Discussion and contribute your voice to the existing threads!

-The Beard
send us link to these threads prease?

KembatheWalker

01-30-2012

I rarely ever post on the forums but when I see the level of absolute bull**** in that answer it gets me pretty mad. This degree of avoidance is usually only seen from politicians not the " most player-oriented company in the business."

Fey Reaver

01-30-2012

^

YouHearThat

01-30-2012

WOW that answer just earned you the title, Riot Bot.

shouldn't havent even posted if you werent going to contribute in SOME way

MoonsBane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

Quote:

Have you taken a look around General Discussion lately? There are TONS of threads about this particular subject. As a courtesy to the rest of our community we try not to split conversations up into multiple threads, so I won't be able to give in-depth answers to these questions here.

Take a look in General Discussion and contribute your voice to the existing threads!

-The Beard
There may be tons of threads but all of them have one thing in common - dodging a legit community concern and a VERY Valid question that hasn't gotten answered in almost 6 months now.

And no, reducing the IP of old champion's wasn't a answer to higher IP costs of champs and overall IP gains. It was a gesture that did absolutely nothing for at LEAST 60% of your player base. And i have a feeling that 60% is generously low. The only champ i didn't own out of all of those was Twitch. Yeah i bought him. Because i loved playing him. He wasn't the best, but we were told his remake was coming soon. Just another Question Riot Dodges now days.

Edit: Oh, and ALSO notice the fact that it's the same copy paste response he could use for ANY topic in an effort to diverge our attention. These copypasta responses are starting to get kinda annoying not gonna lie

Yokel85

01-30-2012

Quote:

-The Beard
So not only are you spamming the dev tracker, but you're also useless.

GJ Riot.

Lincoln Burrows

01-30-2012

Quote:

-The Beard
So, point me some of those threads with concrete answers ? Can you ?

Thanks.

DavidShepard

01-30-2012

Quote:

-The Beard
Basically:

"Thanks for reaching out to us!"

*Slaps hand*

"Stop doing it."

Bookmarking this thread for future reference when people ask "Why doesn't anybody like the Riot Ambassadors?"

sammich kek

01-30-2012

I was surprised to see this thread about champion pricing....

look at rune prices...

I played for about 18 hours between friday-sunday and spent all of my IP (around 5k) on 1 quint and 4 marks

Spyda

01-30-2012

I wonder if Riot understands how overwhelming it is for a new player that comes over from another game because we have 200k viewers on many games at any tournament wanting to become competitive after they understand the game to catch up on even half of the champions. We are closing in on 100 champs now and as someone pointed out previously, the last 3150 or lower champ was a year ago in February. You have to average 4 games a day with win of the day to just keep up with the 6300's that come out every other week. I've been playing for over a year now(between MF and Sona patch) and I've bought a couple of champs that were on sale with RP but I'm still down 25 champs also while trying to get quality runes when I can. I've also played almost 2,000 games in this time with about 10 days of IP boosts of constant playing on those days and maybe 50 or so win IP boosts.

So my questions are, how do you expect any new players to become competitive even after they do learn these champions and not be a detriment to their own team when they can't even trade champions in selection to their team mates because they don't have more than half of the roster of champs? How long/many games/much money do you think people have to spend to break into this area? How much of the above should it be? I've tried to start a team before and unless your team mates have the champions that you play, you can't even play together because of champion selection alone. "I don't have these 20 champs", "I don't have these 15 champs", "I'm missing these 9"(very low amounts as an example even though most people are probably missing more unless they've played since beta or they have dropped the cash/streamer status gaming hours) add up and bring bad, game losing, situations because you didn't remember that your AD carry didn't have Skarner.

Even dropping the price of certain champions for a day to 3/4(6300 would be 4800ish) or 1/2(6300 would be 3150) of their IP price would help out tremendously in this goal for many players without giving too much incentive to not purchase new champions with RP. Every champion release drop the champion that is 3 months old half IP for the weekend of that new champion. You could even go older than that and say 6 months old, players would still be happy to feel progress getting champions instead of like me going 26-27-26-27-26-27-26-25-26-25-26-25-26-25-26 in remaining champions.