Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot Ambassador - IP costs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charles Barklius

01-31-2012

Quote:
kuhzoo:
The reason I have never applied for a job at any video-game development company and would have serious misgivings about accepting one in the future. I love games and what I do for a living, but I don't think I could justify devoting an average of 12 hours a day 5 days a week to an employer. I'd just burn out way too quickly.

That said, kudos to the Riot employees who can and do live with that work schedule.

You do realize hes the president of the company right? Probably works a bit more than other people. And despite that, he still comes to the forums to calm the rage of the community like a boss.

Montag

Player Experience Manager

01-31-2012

Quote:
kuhzoo:
The reason I have never applied for a job at any video-game development company and would have serious misgivings about accepting one in the future. I love games and what I do for a living, but I don't think I could justify devoting an average of 12 hours a day 5 days a week to an employer. I'd just burn out way too quickly.

That said, kudos to the Riot employees who can and do live with that work schedule.

Officially, most of us work from 10-7. We come in early and leave late because we just love this place.

sibby

01-31-2012

Quote:
Tryndamere:

We deserve to be called out when we don't perform - that's one of the ways we can keep getting better and ensure we don't get complacent.

I think you guys are doing a pretty d@mn good job.

I know a lot of people like to complain and while Friday night was frustrating it was the first real service disruption I've experienced in a long time.

I do spend money on this game and I never feel cheated.

I wish the community had a better attitude towards Riot and towards the player base but it's not all terrible. There are some bad seeds but I encounter many friendly and positive players in game regularly.

Thanks to you and the rest of the Riot team for all the honest posts lately. It kind of feels like it did a year ago.

Captain Teembro

01-31-2012

Quote:
Tryndamere:
One other quick thing, "Shiny" was an internal name and the approach we used failed and has been entirely killed.

The goal of the effort though was to improve our visuals, art quality, graphical fidelity, etc - this we WILL do and are still actively working on.

If you answered that, can you answer these two questions please?

1)Magnificent Twisted Fate. 'Nuf said.

2)League of Legends facebook page has 2 million+ likes...did you guys forget about your promise that you'd give us? D:

Ezi

01-31-2012

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the Rioters who have been posting before I get off forums for the day. Well played you guys, well played.
PS. Best staff members ever

Doflamingo51

01-31-2012

Quote:
Tryndamere:
We will! If there's one thing we're good at at Riot, it's constantly improving and learning from our mistakes. Appreciate the support!

One thing I would like to see improved is the communication between Riot and community. There are a number of threads with one red post saying something like "I'll look into it and get back to you" Then the red never comes back. That is very frustrating from a customer perspective. At least have the respect to come back and say something.

Proto Olimar

01-31-2012

What about the IP reductions on the (really) old champions that almost everyone in the player base owns, which benefits in no way whatsoever from those price reductions?

lilmitchy777

01-31-2012

@trynda, i miss the hype of new champions, item changes, patches, etc... i remember when noc was released the na server was down for a long time because of so many people logging on. it was exciting and now (not meaning to offend anyone), it kinda sucks. i don't look forward to new champions that much. i look at them and think "there is another one, wonder if he will be op or not". i get excited when new changes occur. like how noc made your whole screen black for his ult. (which is epic). or when dominion came out. i like seeing the originality, lately it has been the same thing over and over.

Kazamorius

01-31-2012

Can someone find a riot member to play for my 1k wins?

It would be awesome if one could play ^^

sibby

01-31-2012

Quote:
Tryndamere:
One other quick thing, "Shiny" was an internal name and the approach we used failed and has been entirely killed.

The goal of the effort though was to improve our visuals, art quality, graphical fidelity, etc - this we WILL do and are still actively working on.

I'm not opposed to improvements and complacency is never good so I'm not suggesting you don't do this but when it comes to visual appeal you guys are on a iphone 4s/galaxy s2 and the competition is on a rotary phone.