Dota to LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tafson

07-21-2010

So recently I've switched from Dota to LoL. I enjoy it a lot and when it comes down to it, its pretty similar.

The problem I am facing now is I started off the game pretty strong then I hit Summoner rank 5, and now I'm getting face rolled, rather then delivering the face roll. I have been using Kassadin, as he is like my favorite hero in DOTA, Mangina, and I have a mean harass with unlimited mana. My build with Kassadin is DPS, I try to get boots, and the initial item then I try to go lifesteal, in theory Im trying get lifesteal+mana so i always have riftwalk and HP up.

Now in the beggining of the game this worked like a charm, and I was averaging about 7 kills a game, and my friend and I were winning games as well, however currently (summoner rank 5), not only can we not win a game, but I'm not getting any kills either...

Any help?

P.S. My last 3 games ( losses ) I've been going against Raamus, Blitz, and The wearwolf guy...

CrazyBolas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

First off... when you first play the game, you'll be paired with complete noobs... my first game I went 12-0 with "that werewolf guy", warwick. That was because I was used to playing Dota and I knew how to last hit, watch the mini-map for ganks, announce mia's, buy items, etc. The rest of the people you played against in your first few games probably didn't know these things.

By the time you reach level five or higher, you have a better ELO score from winning a lot, and you'll start getting paired against really good opponents. That have a lot of LoL experience and wins. Once you get a few losses, your ELO will drop again, and you'll start getting paired with people closer to your skill level. If the matching system is working right, you'll win about half your games and lose half, over the long haul.

That doesn't mean that you will win exactly every other game. Flip a coin 100 times, and it's almost certain that there will be a streak of six heads or six tails somewhere in your 100 flips. That doesn't mean that the coin has forgotten how to flip heads or forgotten how to flip tails or that it's somehow not expected to have a 50/50 chance to flip either one on the next flip -- just that statistics is streaky, that's the nature of randomness.

So you have had a streak of three losses. Don't be too concerned, that has balanced out your streak of wins prior to that. The important thing is to keep learning and keep improving your skills. Feel free to try out other characters or try out different item builds on your favorite hero to see what works and what doesn't for the way that you play.

rammus, blitzcrank, and warwick are tankish types. lots of hp, can usually take a beating easy enough. if you like magina, have you tried the wit's end item? that drains mana, might be fun for what you like.

hang in there and let us know when you get your next streak of wins.

Martin Riggs

07-21-2010

Another thing to keep in mind is that around these levels you run into a lot of smurfs (i.e: people who have a level 30 account and then started another account to play at low levels for whatever reason). I have a friend that has just started and I started a new account to play with him and we run into at least one of these every game (Although I guess that makes me a smurf as well). Once you get into the teen levels, this starts to drop off.

xpsychedelico

07-21-2010

I suggest you read the sticky in this thread regarding ELO as well, it will give you a better idea of how things are progressing in Matchmaking.

Also, I gotta say, I've never seen a DPS Kassadin. Only AP or Tank. You may want to give these builds a go as well to see if you do better with them.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

I'm not the best Kassadin, but I can offer a bit of advice for item builds

I usually start the game with boots, then upgrade to sorcerer's shoes asap, after that, If I'm rolling in cash, I'll grab abyssal scepter, if not, I'll get mejai's soulstealer (a must if you plan to do a lot of teamfighting), after getting both, I'll build nashor's tooth, then get a black cleaver, then lichbane(though chances are you'll finish long before you can get lichbane)

This build has been working wonders for me, especially since my last game was 15/2/10, and no matter what build, I highly suggest grabbing mejai's, given enough time, it'll grant you an extra 160 AP, along with a 15% cooldown reduction if you make sure to not die.

Also, if tanks are hurting you that hard, I once again really suggest mejai's, sorcerer's shoes, and abyssal scepter, mejai will buff your dmg output, whereas the other two give you some massive magic penetration, my Kassadin drops tanks like flies.

Tafson

07-21-2010

So i went AP with kassadin, along with my dota skills, and some item knowledge, I total'ed another team. I went The ring, mej, sorc boots, abyssal, then sunk in a lifesteal, it was a work of art. Ty for the help.

xpsychedelico

07-21-2010

Nice! Glad we could help.