bruiser build for pentheon.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mlyy

01-30-2012

I haven't seen anyone else use this build, but i've had quite the nice success with it when we need more AD and tanky (i.e. if the entire team choses AP casters)

frozen mallet, beserker,s greaves, hexdrinker, sanguine blade, wit's end and stark's fervor.

the shield procs a lot with the attack speed and I do pretty decent damage. I get a good enough amount of magic resist too.Ii don't get much trouble from AD carries(shield), but I think AD casters would screw me over though (haven't faced them much yet I think).

I don't rely on heartseeker strike for damage, but the passive seals the deal most of the time. I harass with it from the end of it's range as well as the spear toss. Often times I actually do finish an enemy off with it if they manage to start escaping and spear is on cooldown.

for runes I use armour, magic resist and crit chance and crit chance quints. I go 9-21-0 for masteries.

Thoughts?

edit: title's typo *Pantheon, but I guess the pen is mightier than the sword.

aiNpeace

01-30-2012

My thoughts? I wouldn't want you on my team lol.

I think as pantheon you want to just stack AD with some defense.
All of that attack speed isn't going to help you because I feel like panth's poke (Q) and his AOE (E) make him so powerful. The crit chance runes won't help you with either skill so those are pointless to have in my eye.

I would say flat AD / Armor Pen REDS and QUINTESSENCES are best.
I've seen pantheons wreck with Mallet, Treads, LW, and Sanguine.. lots build Atma's as well.

nyttyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

No last whisper?

No brutalizer?

STACKING ATTACK SPEED AND LIFE STEAL!?

Are you utterly psychotic?

This might come off as a bit cruel, but...that's a pretty stupid build on a AD caster. You are literally focusing on every stat except the one you should be focusing on.

Quote:
I don't rely on heartseeker strike for damage,
This right here is the big problem.

aiNpeace

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyttyn View Post
No last whisper?

No brutalizer?

STACKING ATTACK SPEED AND LIFE STEAL!?

Are you utterly psychotic?

This might come off as a bit cruel, but...that's a pretty stupid build on a AD caster. You are literally focusing on every stat except the one you should be focusing on.

This right here is the big problem.
XD I wasn't trying to be as mean as you, but this is what I initially thought.

01-30-2012

Just shows how strong the base stats are on panth if you have success with a derp build like that.

aiNpeace

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatarofrandom View Post
Just shows how strong the base stats are on panth if you have success with a derp build like that.
or he pairs up with really bad people / gets carried.

Mlyy

01-30-2012

You guys are going on the wrong foot here. Like I said, it's a tankier bruiser build. I'm not focusing on doing more damage. I let my teamates do most of the damage while I keep em busy. lots of last hits in any case. I end up with 4 kills for one death , 30k damage total per 10 minutes. I can duel with mordekaiser without trouble, or even with a tank and mord in my last game (if I remember correctly, but i,m not sure, most of the time when I end up dueling in this kind of build I end up winning). My health wasn't going down at all but theirs was. We are talking about dominion here btw, I already get lots of armour pierce from masteries and global buff. Again, I tell you I use this build when I'm with a bunch of ap casters. their team builds magic resist up the ass. I don't need that much damage either. It's a pretty fun build. I can,t burst for **** nor out-dps anyone but I can survive long enough to kill enemies off.

lbgsloan

01-30-2012

Why...are you playing an ability based champion and building them to autoattack?! There are literally dozens of other melee champions who such a build is better suited for. You might as well build Deathcaps on Mundo while you're at it.

Mlyy

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Why...are you playing an ability based champion and building them to autoattack?! There are literally dozens of other melee champions who such a build is better suited for. You might as well build Deathcaps on Mundo while you're at it.
I ended up making this build cuz I was bored, and wanted to lol, turns out it works pretty well and I go double-lol

also it works pretty well with his kit, minus AD ratios on his skills. (they do medium damage it seems, depends who and what their build is)

Redenbacher

01-30-2012

The point is if that build works so well on Pantheon, it'll work twice as well on a real bruiser. Especially one that can really make use of all that attack speed, like Xin Zhao or Volibear.