Dominion Forums and Dota2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crujuco

01-30-2012

@ Larkhill

I think you would be surprised at the amount of people who would be upset if dominion was removed.

If only 100 people played it why is my que time only 45 secs?

I have a hard time go back to SR due to the games taking so goddam long. Unless 1 team is getting rolled and quits at 20 min mark (which is not great either)

lbgsloan

01-31-2012

Quote:
you are just so sad.you love the rts genre but just happen to hate all the popular ones.so pathetic.
So I'm sad because I don't like SC2? Because Dawn of War 2 isn't popular; my friend and I bought Retribution day 1 and there was 5 minute search times for 2v2 during the first month, at a time the game should have been at peak levels. The Last Stand mode had a larger player base than the main game. That's the only other current RTS I called bad. Insult SC2 = you hate RTS'. Blizzard fanboy logic.

Quote:
I tried so hard to like DoW2.

Even as a one-time 40K player I just couldn't get into the swing of it, though. It isn't that the game is bad, as such, it just isn't nearly as amazing as it could have been.
I love 40k, and Dawn of War 1. Dawn of War 2 was a decent idea, but so badly designed. The original (ie before expansion) had good game flow, but awful balance. It still felt enough like DoW 1 to be fun, but Tyranids were just lol. By the final expansion, balance was much better but at the cost of rigid teching and build orders set in stone. Every game my friend and I played were exactly the same no matter which races were involved. Build a few tier 1 units, turtle by VPs, tech as soon as you can because it was the only way to stop a vehicle rush. Dawn of War 1 and Company of Heroes had much better flow, as you had much more freedom with teching and build options. Dawn of War 2 decided the best way to balance things was the make everyone play the same.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
So I'm sad because I don't like SC2? Because Dawn of War 2 isn't popular; my friend and I bought Retribution day 1 and there was 5 minute search times for 2v2 during the first month, at a time the game should have been at peak levels. The Last Stand mode had a larger player base than the main game. That's the only other current RTS I called bad. Insult SC2 = you hate RTS'. Blizzard fanboy logic.
Theres a huge difference between simply not liking a game and talking bs about one, you are no different than the SR derps insulting dominion when you do that.