Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@ Sauron: I want comments on Vladimir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isysar

01-30-2012

Quote:
Sauron:
Smite I don't feel is good at all. Its easier to just picker a champ with more aoe if you want to push bot lane a lot. It can have a clutch use against heimer, but so can ignite.

Cleanse is viable and a great counter if you expect exhaust in bottom lane. Its great if you're a permaslow champ like Skarner.

Clarity is just... bad. I don't think I need to go into why.

Promote I feel can be replaced with Ignite. It does the same thing -- out-pressuring the bottom lane opponent -- but has many more places where it can be used. Also, the promoted minion dies just as fast as a regular minion once the tower is neutralized.

And no, I don't stream, but you can usually find me on Nekrogen's and the NESL streams when they're up.

Thanks. Yah, that's about what I thought about those 4 summoner spells as well. I watch Nekrogen's stream every Monday, and I'm fine for watching ya there.

Good luck this evening

El Naphtali

01-31-2012

What masteries do you use for Vlad bot-lane Sauron (or anybody else, for that matter)?

Been trying 9/21/0, and it feels a little lackluster so I was wondering if trying something more Offense or Utility focused would be the way to go.

Sauron

01-31-2012

9-21-0 on vlad, no matter the situation. There's no flat magic pen to be gained by dipping further into the offense tree and there's too many useless masteries in utility to get at the good ones.

That and 9-21-0 is the most amount of CDR you can get.

El Naphtali

01-31-2012

Fair enough. It might just have been the last few match ups I was against felt pretty rough (Urgot, then another Vlad who was clearly offensive mastery speced), but I did my job and held the bottom point and forced the enemy team to throw ganks my way so we won. Thank you for the help.