Are some supports in Dominion viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wekele0

10-20-2011

The reason I'm wondering is because Sona is my main, but I keep seeing threads where people say supports suck in Dominion, so I've been afraid to try her. However, she seems pretty viable to me as she has things I feel would be viable in Dominion, like her movement speed buff. Do you think Sona or any supports would be viable for Dominion?

pig of denmark

10-20-2011

yes and yes

Agafaba

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

Try it, worst that happens is your group gets a bit upset and you lose a dominion match. Supports are harder, but not impossible.

urmamasllama

10-20-2011

karma janna and zilean are amazing

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

Sona isn't bad.... she isn't great, but she isn't bad. Janna/Karma/Zilean are definitely the key supports to play as though on this map.

BeardRex

10-20-2011

Janna and Nidalee are the only ones I've had success with. I'd say they're balanced in this mode.

Sona and Soraka worked, it was just much more difficult.

Prometheius

10-20-2011

Supports suck if you play and build them as supports.

Agafaba

10-20-2011

Soraka has 2 heals and her Q that all are at a disadvantage in Dominion.

Cueadan

10-20-2011

I've had pretty good sucess with Taric, though I build him more like a tank.

Merc Treads, Spirit Shroud, Frozen Heart (or Morello's if mostly magic damage on enemy team), and Odyn's Veil are the core items, then from there usually an abyssal scepter or whatever the situation calls for.

Flyrich

10-20-2011

Build Sona Lichbane => AP.

I am still working out the build where I have enough mana/mana regen. Something like Pros Ring Ionian boots fiendish codex lichbane deathcap is very very strong

*I don't like tear because finishing AA will likely never be worthwile due to gold constrains of needing lichbane and deathcap first.