Surrender time needs to be shorter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTaur

01-30-2012

Anyway, if they're going to keep the feature at all, then ten minutes would make it equivalent to Summoner's Rift surrender.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
I meant that if you're the 5 in a 5v4, then losing is really extra demoralizing. If you're the 5 in a 5v4 and you lose, it's still cheap and a waste of time. And if I ever win as the 4 in 4v5, then I just kind of pity the other team more than anything else.
yes, its demoralising, but i tend to wonder how did we loose that one.... was it even close??

When i first started a couple like this happened, and i learnt quickly, when to defend, when to not overextend at bot (so they don't gank me easy) etc. Small techniques like that which builds up.

MVpmack

01-30-2012

The Dominion surrender timer is about right. It's 15 minutes, not 20; eg. shorter than Summoner's.

I advise not making a thread unless you actually know the facts?

Zombie Ryze

01-30-2012

I'd vote to REMOVE the Surrender option all together.

I've seen to many games won when my team is sub 50 points and the other side is 400+.

You shouldn't ever give up on a game of DOM. The ONLY time I could see the need is if you are short a player. I have yet to see a 4vs5 win in DOM. But like a poster said before me, if you feel you have zero chance....the whole team can just stand on the pad and get 5 capped.

But to have one little bothersome quit hard casting votes all the time (oh and Riot, once you vote... it should remove the 1200px x 1200px vote window from your screen! (ok, it's not 1200px, but you get the idea...) it's in the way and ends up killing you half the time! I'll come over and code it myself

if vote cast = true ; then window = removed. (Done! See, 1 second of coding... easy!)

Sorry, little off topic. So bottom line... it's fine as it is. out of the 100+ DOM games I've played I may of ONCE thought.... wow this really is hopeless....

Otherwise, you'll have games ending before they should and people will get upset with all the votes being cast on games that can be turned around in time.

MTaur

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVpmack View Post
The Dominion surrender timer is about right. It's 15 minutes, not 20; eg. shorter than Summoner's.

I advise not making a thread unless you actually know the facts?
I've definitely had games end before I could even surrender. Anything over ten minutes is far too long.

Narog

01-30-2012

people just stay in base, ones i had a troll and i was saying to my team to stay in base cos this guys was just trolling they all rage on me so yea just stay in base or not depending on what your team is doing , is similar to surrender

MTaur

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narog1 View Post
people just stay in base, ones i had a troll and i was saying to my team to stay in base cos this guys was just trolling they all rage on me so yea just stay in base or not depending on what your team is doing , is similar to surrender
Except then they might report you for trolling, too. I guess when someone trolls, no one wins, because the troll is going to vote no surrender, and only one has to agree with him for it to fail.

Ildefonse

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encouraging View Post
If the whole team *really* wants to surrender, they can just stay in their base.
Yeah, and then when you do that, the ones that keep playing for masochistic reasons will report you for AFK. >.<

No, in my opinion surrender in dominion is broken completely. I believe it starts to be possible at 15 minutes, but after 15 minutes of play time, it is safe to assume that both teams are doing about equal, and none of them should surrender.

Games with 4v5 or just failed games however, usually end within 8-15 mins for sure. And those are the ones you'd want the surrender option for...

In fact, I think with a 4v5 afker, after 3-5 mins there should be the option to abandon the game with no win/loss for anyone, but a heavy penalty for the AFKer.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Ryze View Post
I'd vote to REMOVE the Surrender option all together.
This
Play to win or dont queue, wanna surrender? go play SR and report your teammates for feeding ggnoobs.
Dont ruin the game for the ones that actually want to play this game, comebacks are extremely common.