Dominion games you shouldn't have won/loss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BabeeCakez

01-29-2012

I don't often play dominion, but when I do, I find many games where we lost or won was very confusing to me.

Many games where the other team was dominating us, sometimes by a 200-300 point lead, we would somehow come back and either be very close in terms of points, or even somehow win the game.

Other times, when dominating the other team, securing a good number of points and defending them, killing them and picking them off when they respawn and so on, somehow the game gets very close even though to me, it should not be that way.

For instance, in the most recent game, we absolutely dominated the other team. In terms of kills, it was 52/15. That is absolute domination.

In terms of time spent, the other team spent almost 3x as much time dead, and their one teammate who had the least time spent dead still had more time spent dead than the person who died the most on our team.

Dominion is a very fast paced game where you can't always see how the points are being distributed, so I have to question how it works. Some posts I read read seem to mention that dominion rewards bad players for less time spent dead or whatever. While I do question its validity, it does irk me that there are many games where I should have lost/won, but the complete opposite happened.

Here is the score page of the game:
http://i.imgur.com/83qCX.png

As you can see, everything including our scores, kills/deaths and whatever were all superior. I checked everything, we even completed more quests and had more minion kills than the other team. Yet somehow we lost?

I also noticed that there is a post saying there may be a glitch in regards to a team not losing points when hitting the 24 point mark, although it is highly likely that it is not possible and unrelated, I feel it is worth mentioning that the other team also had 24 points, although I am not sure if it was a bug/glitch as I was too busy to pay attention.

tl;dr: Dominion system seems to be broken to me, games are being won/lost for very odd reasons.

The LORD saves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2012

I have never seen that many captures in my hundreds of dominion games. You're playing at an ELO in which people don't know that after 125 points on your nexus you don't lose anything but time for dying. So, you kill and kill and kill, but you're losing because you don't have more objectives captured than the enemy.

Clearly you have skill, and with a bit of knowledge you'll be rocking dominion in no time.

The LORD saves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2012

I took a second look and realized what's happening specifically. You're doing very well sticking with your team, you go to a cap point and kill everyone there then you channel and make it yours. Then you leave. Then they come and recap it. They dominated you in knowing that you have to hold objectives to win, not just kill people

So after 125 125 you would have only accidentally moved their nexus health.

Ascleph

01-29-2012

Dominion doesnt reward bad players, it punishes them and REALLY hard. Bad players are punished for being overconfident while in the lead.
Your case seems specialy though, what the hell was your team doing? were you just running around killing them and never getting your points back? Dont tell us about your K/D, that doesnt mean anything.

Draydan

01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascleph View Post
Dominion doesnt reward bad players, it punishes them and REALLY hard. Bad players are punished for being overconfident while in the lead.
Your case seems specialy though, what the hell was your team doing? were you just running around killing them and never getting your points back? Dont tell us about your K/D, that doesnt mean anything.
Its you who focused on KD, not him.

watch the pic, his team has much more points captured.

iProbie

01-30-2012

only a max of 2 people should be capping an undefended point at a time, the rest should find something more productive such as ganking incoming enemies or back to base
having all 5 of you capping the single windmill or any other point is really a bad idea

tbh I wouldn't believe you lose either
it's really a near perfect game imo

BabeeCakez

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaire View Post
I took a second look and realized what's happening specifically. You're doing very well sticking with your team, you go to a cap point and kill everyone there then you channel and make it yours. Then you leave. Then they come and recap it. They dominated you in knowing that you have to hold objectives to win, not just kill people

So after 125 125 you would have only accidentally moved their nexus health.
Well let's say the points are at 2/3 them. We are ahead on points and we just finished killing 2 of their people on their point and capture it (3/2 ours). We leave someone there and move to another point that is undefended and capture it (4,1 ours), but during this time, the dead people have respawned and killed the one person at that point and recaptured it making it back to (3,2 ours).

I would say the majority of the game went this way. My team wasn't always together, it was mainly vlad and lux together and me and nunu together running around.Cho gath was trying to fight maokai.

My question is, if we are ahead of points, when the other team captures points, do they get more points taken off from us? I notice in the beginning when you begin to capture/neutralize points, you'll see a -X nexus health notification. In retrospect, it seems this didn't appear for me when capturing points towards the end of the game.

Also not sure if this matters, but the game was pretty close in the beginning until I finished my sheen+manamune.

Quick Rawr

01-30-2012

I've seen this happen a few times actually. While killing champions clears the field and makes the points easier to capture, if you're chasing them around in the jungle while they have points captured they're still going to win.

Gotta keep your team focused on the goal.

Ascleph

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabeeCakez View Post
Well let's say the points are at 2/3 them. We are ahead on points and we just finished killing 2 of their people on their point and capture it (3/2 ours). We leave someone there and move to another point that is undefended and capture it (4,1 ours), but during this time, the dead people have respawned and killed the one person at that point and recaptured it making it back to (3,2 ours).

I would say the majority of the game went this way. My team wasn't always together, it was mainly vlad and lux together and me and nunu together running around.Cho gath was trying to fight maokai.

My question is, if we are ahead of points, when the other team captures points, do they get more points taken off from us? I notice in the beginning when you begin to capture/neutralize points, you'll see a -X nexus health notification. In retrospect, it seems this didn't appear for me when capturing points towards the end of the game.

Also not sure if this matters, but the game was pretty close in the beginning until I finished my sheen+manamune.
The only advantage the losing team gets is a faster respawn timer(by 2 seconds or so), but you say it was a close game so my guess is that you completetly forgot about the objectives multiple times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draydan View Post
Its you who focused on KD, not him.

watch the pic, his team has much more points captured.
Reading the thread helps

BabeeCakez

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascleph View Post
The only advantage the losing team gets is a faster respawn timer(by 2 seconds or so), but you say it was a close game so my guess is that you completetly forgot about the objectives multiple times.

Reading the thread helps
I don't know how you can say that when my team has many more points captured than the other team, many of the points I captured were by myself as well.