Whats up with the scardeycats?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoatFeesh

01-29-2012

It seems more and more on dominion I get the people too scared to attack someone under their turret, or just refuse to go in with the tank in a jungle fight. I mean just this last game I did, I would pantheon ult in and have the xerath and vayne take off running instead of take advantage of the situation. After the first 2 failed ult initiations I moved on to backdooring, at the time having 2 of them come to stop me, leaving them 3v2 with my friend playing warwick tanking the tower for them and they did the exact same **** on his ults OUTNUMBERING the opponent.

I just don't get it, and now I have a **** score on my recently played since my team would run off letting me and my friend 2v4 then would run in and 2v4 themselves as well. Fun times. Guess I just thought I would have better players at ~1630 dominion elo according to Jabebot.

/end rage

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

Becausing pushing lane is the right way to go to get a tower

sounds crazy, but unless you have a reli good tank, its a bit risky to just dive

and champs like sion or jax or kayle or trynd can easily 1v2 under a turret if they know what they're doing

MVpmack

01-30-2012

Situation 1: on the enemy point, diving. Fighting on an enemy point is almost always bad, unless garrison is up. You are better off poking and going for the neut, taking your time and fighting at an advantage. Don't be crazy aggressive; just because you can pantheon ult to an enemy point to put pressure on doesn't mean you should. Save your ult for times when it will save teammates who are already committed to an engagement, or to stop an enemy from a capture that you can reasonably kill in a 1v1 (most champs). Diving randomly onto an enemy point sounds like bad play, honestly.

Situation both: You cannot assume that your allies know what you are doing. Ping your targets before you engage. If you can't see the enemy but know they are there, ping the location where you want your allies to go. They might respond, they might not but if you're not in voice chat you can't expect them to be psychic. Your teammates do sound stupid, but if you assume that everyone's screen is locked to their character and they don't look at the minimap unless someone pings, you'll be better off in the long run. It's better to assume people are stupid and be right than assume they are smart and be wrong.

Lastly, get good at identifying bad decisions. If your team does stupid stuff like pantheon ult onto an enemy cap point when there's no fighting going on, obviously that's a pretty bad call and you can assume they're bad. Vayne in particular is easy to tell; just assume all Vayne players don't read patch notes and therefore suck (otherwise, why pick Vayne?). Xerath is harder; look for chains > ult > arcanopulse > ult. If you don't see it, he's probably bad, unless he is a marksman with arcanopulse and zones well.

In general, if you learn enough about the various characters, you can identify bad players at a glance. Not zoning as a caster? Probably bad. Not dodging enemy skillshots? Probably bad. Always throwing skillshots directly at the enemy (eg. never predicting movement)? Probably bad. Always committing to a fight, no matter what the situation is? Probably bad.

Just assume people are morons and you'll win a lot more games.

iProbie

01-30-2012

play tanks like ali and rammus

if your team is good, you can dive all you want

Draydan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

I had a game with super-careful Nidalee and Talon. They never attacked without clear advantage and we lost some teamfight bc of that.

At the end they had most kill and highest score.

It seems they used their ranged poke to soften the enemies instead of fighting head-on.

Moral of story - dont initiate if you're not sure they follow. Dont initiate if you're not tanking.

ActionButlerGO

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
Becausing pushing lane is the right way to go to get a tower

sounds crazy, but unless you have a reli good tank, its a bit risky to just dive

and champs like sion or jax or kayle or trynd can easily 1v2 under a turret if they know what they're doing
This. Exactly this. And, the more I play, the more I realize that this is probably my single greatest weakness in Dominion. I turret dive WAY too much and end up losing stupid fights I shouldn't have been in in the first place. Pushing minions wins games and instead of trying my hand at playing good 1v1/1v2 champs like I have been doing (and sucking at), I think I need to go back to champs like Morg who excel at minion-pushing.