Support + Carry List!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eviant

01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownyoboN View Post
mf is just useless overall atm haha.
Disagree here. She brings something other AD's don't. A massive AoE ult that keeps her well out of range of most assassins and in the middle of her team.

Not only that, but her ability to move from lane to lane with Ease and speed allows her to farm much faster and better than most AD's. She can also return to her team in time for the fight, while other AD carries would be still trying to get there. MF is more than just single target damage, but she relies more on the team comp, and proper initiation to be the most effective. In the cases that the team does pull through for her though, She is able to do massive damage to most of the enemy team, Including AP and AD carries, making it easier to clean up.

Soundchaos

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownyoboN View Post
// to sound chaos

nunu can still be out harassed early if the right team comp is picked against, something like blitz graves would demolish. soraka/sivir for constant boomerangs or even corki with anyone, ezreals early poke is amazing as well, though if survive well early, nunus ulti is extremely handy with slow and high ratio, but is easily cancelled which is his issue

mf is just useless overall atm haha.

good sum up of kog maw, requires high cc and sustain to protect his early game, then he goes godlike.
You make good points. I stopped my explanations at support + carry when enemy team composition is such a large factor. I prefer Nunu in situations where I'm confident my lane will be the dominant early harassers. Team comp and enemy team comp has a lot more impact on when I pick Nunu versus a traditional support. He is not always the best choice.

In the case of laning vs a kill lane such as Blitz + Graves, Nunu probably is not optimal if the Blitz is skilled. I'm yet to encounter a good Blitz but I imagine it can get very ugly.

Sivir + Soraka are not too difficult to deal with early in the match where an aggressive lane will still come out on top during trades. Kennen works well in this lane matchup to force Sivir to choose between using Spell Shield to prevent a Mark or to prevent a slow. Blocking either with Spell Shield will allow the other to safely land which will lead into another slow or stun forcing Sivir to hug tower while being healed. To be on the safe side, I usually prefer Sona against that enemy lane composition.

MF's best lane (not saying MF is the best to go up against this lane, just that it is probably when MF is at her best) is probably Sivir + Soraka simply because the active on Impure Shots still applies the healing debuff through Spell Shield. Her ult does have solid synergy with Nunu's as well. However, MF is a far more situational pick than other AD carries and requires almost as much protection as Kog Maw so she is outclassed in a lot of situations. I'm not ready to call her useless yet since she still has her niche.

For Corki and Ezreal, Nunu and his lane partner need to get a solid advantage at very early levels before they have their full kits. A support with sustain and a stun to land guaranteed damage before Corki Valkyrie's or Ez blinks will most likely be the better option when laning against either of these champions.

You are correct about Nunu's Ult being cancelled easily. In teams with large amounts of hard cc, Nunu ultimate does lose effectiveness. However, if they only have two or three, forcing them to hold onto one (or two late match if Nunu is able to get BV) simply because the ult is a threat can be the difference in a team fight. Even if Nunu can't use Absolute Zero offensively, it can still be used as area denial to keep the enemy from safely attacking your carry depending on the range of the CC the enemy has available.

lmogen

01-30-2012

I find Sivir + Morgana lane always works wonders for me. Morganas snare + Sivirs Boomerang <3