Hextech Gunblade on Pantheon?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfalisk

01-29-2012

Was looking at some stats on Pantheon, and noticed he had 1.0 scaling on his two AP abilities. While of course Pantheon can only make minimal use of AP, given the fact that he is a heavy AD caster, I feel like he could benefit greatly from spell samp provided by Gunblade.

Since his Q is very spammable and his E has the potential to hit several enemies, I feel like he would really benefit from it. If he were to be low on health and wanted to ult into an enemy with a lot of health, hitting Grand Skyfall and his stun could net you 400 HP before you even begin to benefit from the spell vamp of your AD-scaling abilities, and not to mention the lifesteal and the damage nuke that Gunblade also provides.

Thing to emphasize here is that Pantheon wastes none of the stats provided by Hextech Gunblade. The AP is not even a waste because the AP ratios that he does have are all 1.0 scaling.

I think I'm going to test this out in-game. Would anyone be willing to do the same and report back?

Nykidemus

02-05-2012

Doesnt his Q hit for physical damage, making armor pen (and no vamp, cause that's how that works) the better choice?

Tripc0de

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykidemus View Post
Doesnt his Q hit for physical damage, making armor pen (and no vamp, cause that's how that works) the better choice?
Spell vamp works for all spell abilities, whether or not they deal magical or physical damage. So yes, it procs on Panth's Q, its a spell.

It also works with some other item effects such as DFG, or the active from Hextech Gunblade. Not sure if it procs on Sunfire cape though.

You can itemize for ArP through Last Whisper/Yomuu's on Pantheon. Still, waste of a perfectly good 70 ap.

Carpe Vinum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripc0de View Post
Spell vamp works for all spell abilities, whether or not they deal magical or physical damage. So yes, it procs on Panth's Q, its a spell.

It also works with some other item effects such as DFG, or the active from Hextech Gunblade. Not sure if it procs on Sunfire cape though.

You can itemize for ArP through Last Whisper/Yomuu's on Pantheon. Still, waste of a perfectly good 70 ap.
I wouldn't really call it a waste since he has two abilities that scale off ap. Also, sunfire definitely does not proc spellvamp.

sayhl2urm0m

02-06-2012

been doing this as a last item for ever. funny how people are just starting to catch on now. any good panth player should know life steal is pretty much useless on panth so once i build my standard brut Ie frozen mallet i go for the gunblade and a bv selling off my brut if needed. ur dmg output with this build and hss should shred through half of any champions health

Redenbacher

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Vinum View Post
I wouldn't really call it a waste since he has two abilities that scale off ap. Also, sunfire definitely does not proc spellvamp.
The two abilities that 'scale' off AP have lengthy cooldowns and are not primarily used for their damage, but rather their utility.

You would have better results spending the money on more AD or Armor Penetration, depending on the situation.

Unfortunately, all spell vamp is tied directly to AP, so it's really not worth the investment for an AD caster. If sustain is what you're looking for, buy potions and/or grab a Catalyst for the regeneration (it can build in to BVeil/OVeil later).