So, I kind of want a new champ for Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NRD1

01-13-2012

I can afford up to a 3150ip champ at the moment. Opinions?

Hunterrr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

Krackasickn

somnambulater

01-13-2012

i say olaf

Literally Tumblr

01-13-2012

Evelynn actually plays quite well in Dominion.

xYol0swag420x

01-13-2012

Anivia. Go tank and never lose top.

Shaxtenn

01-13-2012

Awesome 450s: Poppy, Ryze
Great 450s: Sivir, Soraka

Awesome 1350s: Jax, Sion
Great 1350s: Alistar, Nasus, Tryndamere

Awesome 3150s: Akali, Corki (shh don't tell anyone), Heimerdinger, Kassadin, Pantheon, Rammus, Shaco
Great 3150s: Blitzcrank, Gragas, LeBlanc, Olaf, Udyr, Urgot

The problem with buying a new champ is you can buy one that everyone says is awesome, but they don't suit your playstyle, so you don't enjoy them. You may end up enjoying a champ everyone says is really weak far more (I love playing Nunu on Dom for example). Because of this I suggest playing free week champs before buying them, or starting with cheaper 450 IP ones.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

Depends of what you want, if you are looking for strong consistent champions, read this from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascleph View Post
First of all, almost all champs are "good" in dominion, its all up to the player, BUT there are a few champs that are GREAT and will make your job easier:

450: Kayle, Poopy, Ryze, Sivir, Soraka, Alistar
1350: Nasus, Singed, WW
3150: Blitz, Heimer, Karthus, Kassadin, LeBlanc, Pantheon, Rammus, Shaco, Urgot
4800: Jarvan
6300: Cass, Ez, Fizz, Irelia, Kog, Malz, Mao, Riven, Skarner, Talon, Vayne, Wukong, Yorick

Bold are the ones that are usually banned once you reach a "normal" elo.
Underlined are the ones that are strong bot champions, but not necesarily always played there.
Bold AND italic are the perma banned ones, which doesnt necesarily mean they are OP, people just dont want to deal with them.

You'll see lots of different bans though, since you are a low lvl, most wont make sense because you are playing with mostly smurfs and bads, you'll see lots of akali bans, even when she never really does exceptionally well. Bans even vary in high elo play, since they tend to use more targeted bans than the usual bans because of the small player base up there.

Now to dispel a few low lvl/new player myths...
Champs that are NOT that good but get accused of being OP by inexperienced players:
Jax, Trynd, Akali, GP

Always keep in mind that in dominion most champions CAN be good, so most of the success is up to you(and your team, of course)
Also, if you want to win regularly, taking the burden of going bot tends to increase your chances.
If what you want are "fun" champions that are still good for dominion or some particular playstyle, you'll have to be more specific

IMSOJUICY

01-13-2012

great laser champions: lux and viktor

Bonabon

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascleph View Post
Depends of what you want, if you are looking for strong consistent champions, read this from another thread:
Warwick, huh? I own him, but I've never really sat down and played him, and have no idea how I'd go about building him for Dominion. I feel like the lack of any ranged ability would get on my nerves.

tastypastry45

01-29-2012

k