Small relative unknown Dominion Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbsolutePK

01-29-2012

Defending vs 4 is only a good choice if 1) there's no creeps 2) they have no hard cc 3) you're confident you can stop ALL of them from capping.

If you can't stop them all, you're just free gold and a free 30 seconds of 1 less enemy. When I play Ezreal (because he has a kit that can manage it, long range on Q, W can hit multiple champions) I defend Windmill solo regularly and when they push creeps it's better to recall if there's no reinforcements nearby. If they run to cap with no creeps, poke from fog of war, not from the brush. If you shoot from the brush you've got nowhere to take cover.

More often I'm the free gold.

Hékate

01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutePK View Post
Defending vs 4 is only a good choice if 1) there's no creeps 2) they have no hard cc 3) you're confident you can stop ALL of them from capping.

If you can't stop them all, you're just free gold and a free 30 seconds of 1 less enemy. When I play Ezreal (because he has a kit that can manage it, long range on Q, W can hit multiple champions) I defend Windmill solo regularly and when they push creeps it's better to recall if there's no reinforcements nearby. If they run to cap with no creeps, poke from fog of war, not from the brush. If you shoot from the brush you've got nowhere to take cover.

More often I'm the free gold.
It definitely depends on your champ/build. If you're Annie trying to defend top 4v1, you will pop so quickly it's pointless. However when I'm Galio in full tank gear and four try to take it from me, chances are I can hold them off/take a couple with me long enough for my team to come and finish them off. You guys shouldn't be trying to make a rule about this when it's not remotely black and white, you have to use your best judgment.

urmamasllama

01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrongsword View Post
There is no way any one champ is going to delay a 4 person team at the windmill for any length of time, you will die immediately.
galio

but i digress

generally running and poking once if possible is better you are right

iProbie

01-29-2012

when defending windmill
if you're the initiator/tank such as ali or blitz

and the enemy team is on the other side of the windmill (e.g. to the right or left of windmill), tell your team to be ready, go ambush the enemy team by going through mid bush.

Fulgr1m

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2012

If you just won a team fight and capped the WM, instead of pushing to cap the enemy mid GO BACK TO HEAL AND BUY! More often than not you will end up getting killed and lose top again.

Whi

01-29-2012

When fighting under other team's turret, capture and attack to prevent the turret from attacking. Turret has 0.5 s delay before it attacks.

Stimuz

01-29-2012

If a player dodges during champ select after first pick, ban the first pick. Its irritating for the other team. Protip imo.

lbgsloan

01-29-2012

There is a often forgotten item in the shop called Executioner's Calling. Its active halves healing, and the stats on it aren't too terrible.

Imwetoddid

01-29-2012

Find a balance between physical and magical damage on your team. I've won more games than I should have just because I started stacking armor.

Prometheius

01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascleph View Post
Just never forget that being able to generate pressure for someone to come help does not mean the bot should be able to win an engagement against the two.
Duh? There is no need for bot to win once it's a 1v2, just a pure stall is enough to win the game for the team. Obviously people are too dumb to infer that from all the downvotes my original posts got.