Urgot counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

larkhill

01-29-2012

hmm, cass might work... though we would have to modify her build a bit since warmogs isnt available. would probably go rylai's instead.

trundle would do well in surviving, but he would never kill urgot. he'd get kited. and if ur going for a purely survival/turtle strategy, promote garrison karth wins. theres no1 better.

TakinTheHeat

01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
hmm, cass might work... though we would have to modify her build a bit since warmogs isnt available. would probably go rylai's instead.

trundle would do well in surviving, but he would never kill urgot. he'd get kited. and if ur going for a purely survival/turtle strategy, promote garrison karth wins. theres no1 better.
lol, tank karth? Otherwise.. I'm going to come bot with [insert high burst character] and kill you, back off for seven seconds, then cap.

KudoKou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarurob View Post
Also rolling scrums **** his world up. IF youre a 1900+ SR player, then yes you can position him well to avoid the rolling scrum otherwise youre ****ed.
I'm trying to figure out what you mean by "rolling scrum". Not having any luck.

Kedali

01-29-2012

Honestly the best way to counter Urgot is to get upgraded boots early and just never stand still. Any time he misses his poison, punish him and get a couple jabs in, but don't over commit. He doesn't have much in the way of sustain, so you can wear him down to the point of being able to finish him off by doing this.

Adeon55

01-29-2012

"What is the counter to Urgot?"

Clearly this is a trick question.

Xanthic

01-29-2012

Remember this isn't a 1vs1 duel mode. Ask for help from your team mates to gank him if needed. After a few ganks, he'll be as tame as a puppy not playing aggressively anymore.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2012

I've had success with Cho'Gath. Strong pushing power, and sustains himself off minion kills. If you need more sustain, he can easily itemize for more. Silence really cuts into Urgot's damage output, and Feast doesn't care about his damage reduction passive.

Ensign

01-29-2012

It's hard to really 'counter' him; he's a lane domination champion, especially early game.

I've had the most success picking Maokai or Sivir and just focusing on blowing up creep waves quickly, and otherwise hanging back until he starts to fall off. As strong as he is early, he's not that great late game, and isn't super amazing in a larger scale fight.

Yaladilae

01-29-2012

Sivir? Pushes better, spell shields E

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

01-29-2012

Soraka might counter. Out push with Q. Armor up with W. Silence him with E when he hits you with E.

I had some success as Maokai. I started boots + chain vest + cloth armor. I got glacial shroud, rabadons, sunfire cape, zhonya's and ninja tabi, and a chain vest. I got glacial shroud and bought a ton of chain vests at the start so urgot couldn't kill me. However, this urgot never got LW.