Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[PLATFORM] Rune Combiner does not give energy runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoTWooD

02-06-2012

i never ever understood why the rune combiner was random... if i insert 5 armor pen runes... chances are i want armor pen runes in return just a tier higher

Krazlam

Recruiter

02-07-2012

Quote:
GoTWooD:
i never ever understood why the rune combiner was random... if i insert 5 armor pen runes... chances are i want armor pen runes in return just a tier higher

It's for a gamble mentality. You can buy cheap runes and hope you end up with something worth more than what you paid. If it weren't random, then I would argue a re-sale/refund system is better, where you get say 40% of your IP back, or something.

Zikel

02-07-2012

The new runes, those who cost 1 ip at the moment also are not part of the loot table

cdnmute

02-08-2012

i really think one of the 4 things below needs to be done regarding tier 1/2 runes.

when you hit level 20 you should be given the option to sell back tier 1/2 runes. even if you only get like 20% of your ip back. Just to rid yourself of them.

give us an option to destroy tier 1/2 runes

allow us to upgrade tier 1/2 runes for the balance of ip

make the game client permanently uncheck tier 1/2 runes when you uncheck the so you aren't bothered by them anymore.

KingoftheCoopahs

02-08-2012

Quote:
Draconic74:
Another problem is that you can also get runes that you already have the maximum of. When you have 9 runes and you get one more its more useless then getting a rune that is useless in itself.

there's one protection against this in the store. you can only buy up to 9 of a rune at a time under the new multi-purchase system, however, this didnt' stop me from accidentally buying a 2nd set of 9 flat resist glyphs a few days ago. fortunately the rune combiner was kind and gave me a crit chance quintessence and scaling AP quintessence, though I still would have prefered to have none of them.

Draconic74

02-09-2012

Quote:
AllCooperAgain:
there's one protection against this in the store. you can only buy up to 9 of a rune at a time under the new multi-purchase system, however, this didnt' stop me from accidentally buying a 2nd set of 9 flat resist glyphs a few days ago. fortunately the rune combiner was kind and gave me a crit chance quintessence and scaling AP quintessence, though I still would have prefered to have none of them.

Yes, this is another annoyance.

If the shop can detect what champions and skins you have unlocked, it should be able to detect and report to you how many runes of a given type you have. That way I don't have to switch back and forth five times to figure out how many of a given rune I need to complete the set.

DreMLoK

02-10-2012

been doing this lately, feels unfair =/

Sven Stryker

02-10-2012

I liked the idea behind this thread so I thought I'd try it myself.
Attached are 3 excel files that are exported from an access database (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B23U1gvEx4NcODdjMGYzMzEtNjUyYi00ZmNhLWE0M2YtZGI0MDliZGFjNTBi) that I used to record rune combinations.
The Count files are the query outputs, while the Entry file is the complete list.

The first 66 are not in chronological order since I copied them into my database from my notebook. Marks are rune type 1, Seals are rune type 2, Glyphs are rune type 3, and Quints are rune type 4. After 867 combinations, I got most of the runes I was expecting.

As the OP stated, none of the energy runes ever showed up. Also absent were the new runes as Zikel mentioned, so Avarice quints showed up, but Avarice Seals did not.

MonteXristo

Recruiter

02-15-2012

i like how i have more upvotes than the original poster and a red

Tsorov

02-15-2012

Another problem that I'm getting is that the sidebar on the runepage can glitch after combining runes. Not sure how this one happened, but I've linked a screenshot.*******http://i.imgur.com/FWz5u.jpg********