Rules for dominion team composition?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KrYoS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

Have a good mix of AD/AP. Teams with lots of CC, particularly stuns, knock ups and silences are very strong. You need to someone who can poke, else they'll just sit on their turret all day. Try to have a team composition that does not have glaring weaknesses, such as a real squishy team with little or no CC. It's also advisable to have an initiator and that when he initiates, everyone focuses the biggest threat target and try to be timely in your coordinated attacks. Don't try to ninja backcap unless you KNOW you can take the turret, such as the other team is occupied in combat or pushing. Don't go roaming around in the jungle solo, you are surely to die and give them a big advantage.

MVpmack

01-30-2012

Team composition is a checklist of stuff that you need more than a role selection, with the sole exception of bottom lane.

1: Bottom lane - nuff said there
2: Initiator - not mandatory, but I find that my teams win a lot more teamfights with 1 tank + x dps than with x+1 dps.
3: Poking! Absolutely a must have. Poking lets you squeeze in a little damage or lane push when it would otherwise not be safe.
4: CC - nuff said there
5: Mobility - not just for backdoors, but also to defend against backdoors and clean up fights.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

team comp is a lot less rigid than sr which is one of the reasons I play dominion. the 3 things you need are:

tanky dude
mage
bottom lane

Roundabout

01-30-2012

This is an example of what I see as a solid team comp that could be interchanged with similar champs.

Cassiopeia - Bottom
Pantheon, Corki, Singed - first 3 top.
Ahri - Takes first point.

So some changes would be, Rammus instead of Singed, Kog'Maw instead of Corki, Wukong instead of Panth, Morgana/Heimerdinger instead of Cass, and Xerath instead of Ahri.

The goal here is to provide a mix a burst, sustained dps, and tankiness, the goal in pretty much all game modes. Having double WoTa is also something I find extremely useful in Dominion, even more so than SR. The bruiser champ and the tank champ are there to jump on any point and CC one person, while any one of the others takes them down.

Just some thoughts.