Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Health bar "lag".

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DigitalMan

01-28-2012

I'm sure you've all gotten the chance to see this phenomena. Three enemy champions pop out of the forest, and before you realize you're in trouble, your screen is greyscale. The HUD health bar still has an awful lotta green, though.

Slowly dropping.

Just... kinda taking its sweet time...

It'll get there eventually, I swear!

And when you're dead, that's just kind of amusing to watch. When you're not dead, it's not. It becomes outright deceptive about how much longer you have before fleeing or healing becomes necessary. And it will take just as long to register a drop from 1140 to 20 as it will 1120 to 0. I have to reckon that I'm not the only one who's a bit too busy trying to survive to actually read the numbers in the bar; the amount of green left is very important.

The simple solution, as you may be able to guess, is just to make the part that's newly missing red. Then that part can take its time vanishing, while whatever green is left is always accurate. Which is what the overhead life bars do, and HUD mana bar, so don't pretend it's difficult to do! :P

It is possible for this to cause some confusion with the mana bar turning red as well. If that turns out to be an issue, changing the mana bar's "newly missing" color to purple or yellow should suffice.

Raserei32

01-28-2012

This has my vote. It's a simple enough change from the looks of things, and honestly it seems somewhat silly that two out of three bars share this behavior but the third doesn't.

Atomisk13

01-28-2012

I personally think this would help users who are newer to this game or just this type of game in general. A lot of gamers are used to keeping an eye on an accurate, responsive health bar, rather than estimating numbers while they try to "OMG DON'T FOCUS THE TANK!!1!".

Also, I agree that it can't be all that hard to implement, relatively.