Advice needed (Dominion)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astronautical

01-28-2012

Check out Nekrogen's stream. His thread is floating around here somewhere. He's one of the best.
Try learning with champs like Ryze Riven or Rammus. It's pretty easy to do well with them in dominion.

Dremare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

Just as a tip, don't underestimate the creep waves. It's good to keep your lane pushed a little, because once a mob swarms your point that's a clear opening for the enemy team to cap.

Imfrknbad

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samujin View Post
Yes, I know there is a sub form for Dominion. I posted there originally but it don't seem as busy as here. So I figured I would give it a shot asking here. So read ahead please ---->

Just started to get interested enough to Dom to take it serious. I played a match or two before with friends but never really knew what was going on. I read through a few guides and they helped get a general idea of what's going on.

However, it matches it gets so confusing at times o.O pings going off everywhere, champs here, enemies there, gets crazy, at least it seems so cause I'm new at it.

Anyway, guides help but the game changes often while guides usually not so much. Can anyone throw out some general tips, even advanced advice would be great but don't want to ask people to write me a whole guide in just a quick post lol. But if you want to, go for it!

Also if anyone wants to throw out some champs that are good for Dominion, I know some aren't that great, that would be helpful too. Last game I used Akali and I guess did alright for my first serious match without friends helping. I heard she is ok for Dom but that's all I really know.

Thanks for any replies.
Hi Sam, I exclusively play dominion. Find me in game ill play a few matches with you and explain some things in Skype or vent. Anyway see you in the crystal scar.

Temporality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-30-2012

Not sure if anyone else posted this yet or if you missed it OP but when Dominion came out they had a sub-site made up just for it.

http://dominion.leagueoflegends.com/

Hope this helps.

itsbongtime

01-30-2012

I just thought i would open my mouth on this thread after 3 hours of **** MATCHES today, here is a bit of what i noticed that could have been done better by both sides

stun/slow things in your turret, if you used it elsewhere, pretty good chance it was a waste unless a coordinated rush was taking place.

remember: MINIONS CAP TURRETS. remarkably fast too, especially when you see an imminent teamfight its better to take out minions than try to get some extra tower % also as previously stated when pushing your own lane, and gold bonus.

NEUTRALIZATIONS: are key, if its getting clutch you can pull a game together by instead of just going for a single, 100% cap, neutralize both base turrets and let the dead people pull em back in if you all need to push or support elsewhere. while turret channeling is key, its not going to matter when your getting rolled on 4v1 because everyone wants to trickle feed so they can cap bot or top

your k/d ratio: does not really matter for dominion, its better to have 2 assists than to be dead because you wanted to try to chase or ks some1. since chances are you just screwed everyone else too. conversely many times its better to bait somebody away from your tower or use a last aoe to keep 3 ppl from capping if you know your doomed just to give your teammates a chance to catch up to you or reinforcements to arrive

PLANNING: before the game if you guys do not AT LEAST have a plan for the next 30 seconds, you probably just lost, the early game advantage in dominion doesn't really go away unless the other team gets sloppy and greedy since your ultimate is all of a kill or 2 away from beginning the match, you can easily get holed up in your base and rocked until its hopeless.

for the love of god, if your tank initiates, LAY DOWN DAMAGE dont just watch.

a tip against enemy turrets, if you need to get sum1 out of one, just somebody channel it and have your partner gank that way you take away their advantage of the turret dps, also keeping you nearby to flash off a turret or ranged skill if its getting too dicey for your tank, (since most dominion players will not try to lure you OUT of their turret) causing you to aggro the turret for one shot and your friend to get in the clear with low hp, then just cap

champion selection: if your new and you have not played too much dominion i would recommend a strong disabling character, support your teammates and you will learn fast.

crujuco

01-30-2012

If you're gonna die run towards the enemy point not your own. I play soraka a bit and she has no escape. Early on I would run to my turret and hope to survive only to be killed close to my turret which is then easy for the enemy to cap.

When you run towards there point they have to run all the way back to cap which gives your teammates more time to cover for you and also reduces their time to cap.