Advice needed (Dominion)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samujin

01-27-2012

Yes, I know there is a sub form for Dominion. I posted there originally but it don't seem as busy as here. So I figured I would give it a shot asking here. So read ahead please ---->

Just started to get interested enough to Dom to take it serious. I played a match or two before with friends but never really knew what was going on. I read through a few guides and they helped get a general idea of what's going on.

However, it matches it gets so confusing at times o.O pings going off everywhere, champs here, enemies there, gets crazy, at least it seems so cause I'm new at it.

Anyway, guides help but the game changes often while guides usually not so much. Can anyone throw out some general tips, even advanced advice would be great but don't want to ask people to write me a whole guide in just a quick post lol. But if you want to, go for it!

Also if anyone wants to throw out some champs that are good for Dominion, I know some aren't that great, that would be helpful too. Last game I used Akali and I guess did alright for my first serious match without friends helping. I heard she is ok for Dom but that's all I really know.

Thanks for any replies.

Samujin

01-27-2012

Anyone? already knocked to the third page x.x

Rebel Scum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2012

I'm not gonna pretend to be amazing at dominion but some generic tips i guess i could supply.
1. Just because the amount of gold you get passively is massively increased, does NOT mean you should ignore last hitting. you'd be suprised how much extra you can make by being careful about that.
2. From my exp. 50%+ of fights are pointless. If you're not pushing a creep wave or fighting for a point, your engagement is probably needless.
3. As in SR or TT, distracting the enemy can be just as efficient as back dooring. hang out top while your Rammus spins off to grab a base or two bot.
4. Fights are quick and often in Dominion. there for champions who's entire kit isnt based off of their ult are strong. IE dont pick people like malzahar
5. And i guess my last tip would be to control the map. By this i mean bushes, med packs, and super buff in mid. always make sure you get the med pack and not your enemy. hide in bushes unless you're doing something that requires otherwise, and you'd be surprised how much that storm shield helps.

Samujin

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatmypie View Post
I'm not gonna pretend to be amazing at dominion but some generic tips i guess i could supply....
Tyvm for the reply, any others are very much welcomed!

Samujin

01-28-2012

anyone else?

Samujin

01-28-2012

Well, thanks anyway!

Hugs From Momma

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samujin View Post
Also if anyone wants to throw out some champs that are good for Dominion, I know some aren't that great, that would be helpful too. Last game I used Akali and I guess did alright for my first serious match without friends helping. I heard she is ok for Dom but that's all I really know..
Akali is pretty bleh. Good teams will shut her down but against beginners she can stomp (sorta like SR ya know?)

Decent sorting of what champs do well at certain roles here: http://www.dominatedominion.com/wordpress/tier-list/

Boozer2k

01-28-2012

Pick Yorick, go 0/30/0 and mpen armor mr runes, go bot. Then just smack your keyboard and hope your team can win top 4v3.
Otherwise go tanky dps and don't fight away from team or tower.

Xement

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

Dominion makes 50% of champs worthless, go hyper carries who have bs scaling, due to the fact that early game farming doesnt apply

Cryswar

01-28-2012

Malz is actually a pretty devastating bot - but ONLY really good bot until later. He has GREAT poke on turrets and can push waves hella, so while you're fairly vulnerable without your ult, CDR and careful play make it manageable.