Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

First draft player to hit 2400

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProSauce VT

01-29-2012

Sauron does mainly do pre-mades particularly with a specific set of players (his team, although I'm not sure if he's the captain or if its Neckro) , this is true, but as Justaire just pointed out, this isn't keeping anyone else from forming a premade or even in fact challenging them.

I've had a few encounters going against Sauron's team in solo que where no one else on my team was a pre-made, (assuming they didn't lie when I asked them at the end) and while some games we were annihilated, others have come down to the wire. Now were they "trolling"? Maybe. Did they play an excellent game? Definitely.

It's been proven over and over that being a pre-made means next to nothing unless you have the skill/coordination and understanding of team tactics to accentuate the pre-made "advantage". This is particularly true in the case of Dominion which emphasizes team play and tactical skirmishing.

This brings me to a final point I'd like to make: instead of everyone paying attention to what champs the highest elo of players are using (whom may not even fit your play-style); how about you pay more attention to what tactics and meta game changes they incorporate throughout the game. They rarely follow a given "routine" and I personally have learned much more from focusing on that then what champions they play as all champions are viable and un-viable depending entirely on your team comp. In fact that could even be said for builds.

In a scientific respect, the champion and item build would be your control group. The tactics, your strategy and what you actually do is your uncontrolled group (something people often call "luck&quot. Influence the uncontrolled more and you win. After-all, the golden rule of competitive play is: be at the right place at the right time.

(Edit:

Quote:
Sauron:

If I was in charge of this stuff, I'd be putting in ranked to seperate the queues and to get more players overall. But, it seems they want to do botmatches to get more players first. I guess I can understand that route.

I think adding an option for Dominion bots will allow riot to more successfully gauge where dominion is at in terms of balance. Particularly since the bot's are preprogrammed and take out the "surprise" often found in human innovation.)

The LORD saves

01-29-2012

Quote:
Sauron:
Its not a normal level playing field though, nor have I ever stated it was. Its normal queue, where "anything goes." People are free to make their own team but they're also free to play solo.

Unless you are the five best players in League of Legends, it's a level playing field. If there were other 5 or 4 man premades they'd get matched up against you. Since there aren't, the solo queue folks get matched against you.

So, since everyone has access to the same champions, same summoner spells, masteries, and runes, same option for premades you are winning fair and square. It is absolutely a level playing field.

The problem is that people are basically not taking advantage of the level playing field, putting themselves at a disadvantage in solo queue and whining about losing.

If they want to take advantage of their resources, they should add everyone they play against and play custom matches. Or, create a premade.

Narog

01-29-2012

so revive

Ensign

01-29-2012

I'd personally rather play against Sauron / MMKH in a premade every game, and lose 90% of the time, than play with and against garbage game after game. I learn a lot more and get better at the game much more quickly playing against them than I do playing bads.

...Unfortunately, what I learn most of the time is that bads refuse to gank or support or even pick a bottom champ, while MMKH, Melkor, Dru and friends are very, very good about abusing bottom.

It's kind of interesting how much the tactics change as you move up the rating brackets. The really good players are just constantly pushing points, forcing fights, killing each other. Lower rated players are so much happier to just sit there on a point and having endless 4v4 windmill poke offs.

The only really frustrating thing about playing against a good premade is that you'll inevitably have herp and derp on your team, who are completely unreliable and will never be where they need to be - so even when there are openings to be aggressive, you can't take them because sergeant bear is busy farming minions top.

Wicked Demiurge

01-29-2012

Quote:
ViolentlyCar:
You're definitely one of the best players around, and it's definitely an accomplishment to hit 2400. The reason people in this thread are all over your ass, however, is because you pretty much do it at the expense of the solo queue community, who are honestly sick to death of getting their asses handed to them by your premade. I've told you once and I'll tell you again: when your premade is queuing up, people stop playing because having a rabble of random solo queuers with a rating average of 1900 versus what is effectively a tournament-winning, organized team is about as far from fun as possible. There have been times where I wanted to play, but I hear a friend say "just got killed by Sauron's premade", so I don't even bother. I know I'm not the only one. In your quest to get to 2400, you've hurt the community and made a lot of people disillusioned with the game.

Sauron is really good, but the game I played against him I was on the wrong (right?) side of a 1/3-1/2 bottle of hard liquor, and we still put up a good fight, so I don't really get how someone who is 1900 needs to stop playing the game because he is in queue, particularly since Dom is far less likely to turn into snowball bull **** that lasts forever like SR can.

This Hurts You

01-29-2012

Quote:
Ensign:
I'd personally rather play against Sauron / MMKH in a premade every game, and lose 90% of the time, than play with and against garbage game after game.

I'd rather have two evenly matched teams than either option.

That said, I wouldn't say that the big bad premades ruin draft. Some of the most exciting games I've had were me and four other randoms against Sauron and co. when they didn't completely wreck face. Their hyper aggressive play style is fun to play against if you have a team that can stand against it. The fact such a high rated premade exists also shows that there is, in fact, strategy involved in dominion.

Anyway, congratz and ect. Here's hoping ranked comes out soon.

ViolentlyCar

01-29-2012

Quote:
Sauron:
Its a good thing you only lose 1-2 elo for losing against us, even when we're 4 man. We have plenty of close games, too. You can learn a lot from going against good players, that's what we did back when we were solo queuers to get better.

Also, came across this in a game a few days ago:

It's not about Elo, it's about spending 20 minutes in queue only to have what amounts to a non-game.

As for the quote at the end - I know that guy. What's your point? I'd really rather you address the actual issue people have over getting defensive and trying to make us look like fools.

Anyway, I must admit I'm probably being too much of a ****. At the end of the day, I truly can't fault you that much for playing a team game with the teammates of your choice. I still think there are real problems that exist here, but that's really more of Riot's fault than yours. Sorry.

Sauron

01-29-2012

Quote:
ViolentlyCar:
It's not about Elo, it's about spending 20 minutes in queue only to have what amounts to a non-game.

As for the quote at the end - I know that guy. What's your point? I'd really rather you address the actual issue people have over getting defensive and trying to make us look like fools.

Anyway, I must admit I'm probably being too much of a ****. At the end of the day, I truly can't fault you that much for playing a team game with the teammates of your choice. I still think there are real problems that exist here, but that's really more of Riot's fault than yours. Sorry.

Not really getting defensive at all. Every time I run into you ingame you're very offensive and sometimes vulgar, even when the matches are close. I just thought the quote was funny because we were starting to develop reputations from those encounters. Sorry if that came off wrong.

ViolentlyCar

01-29-2012

Sorry if it's come off that way. I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm just trying to get it through to you that many people, and not just me, are really frustrated with you and your premade.

The LORD saves

01-29-2012

Would there be 5 or more of these 'many'?