Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

First draft player to hit 2400

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMKH

01-29-2012

Congrats on being the first draft player to break 2400. If only I had queued a bit more often maybe it would've been me.

Let's see who can reach 2500 now lol.

caseyjones

Adjudicator

01-29-2012

This is surely a great milestone in the world of non-ranked draft.

LordJerichoSwain

01-29-2012

lol is all i have to say.

why?

same reason people hate getting lv 30 playing sr.

stupid ****ing premade bull****.

Sauron

01-29-2012

Quote:
MMKH:
Congrats on being the first draft player to break 2400. If only I had queued a bit more often maybe it would've been me.

Let's see who can reach 2500 now lol.

If you hadn't gone to class we may have hit the mark together. But then again, you would also have been a part of that game where we all just decided to trollban and trollpick, and barely lost with a 21-5-13 carry mundo.

I lost like 35 rating from that game, lol.

Rumors say that Season 2 doesn't allow ratings above 2500. I guess we'll be the first to find out if that's true or not.

ViolentlyCar

01-29-2012

You're definitely one of the best players around, and it's definitely an accomplishment to hit 2400. The reason people in this thread are all over your ass, however, is because you pretty much do it at the expense of the solo queue community, who are honestly sick to death of getting their asses handed to them by your premade. I've told you once and I'll tell you again: when your premade is queuing up, people stop playing because having a rabble of random solo queuers with a rating average of 1900 versus what is effectively a tournament-winning, organized team is about as far from fun as possible. There have been times where I wanted to play, but I hear a friend say "just got killed by Sauron's premade", so I don't even bother. I know I'm not the only one. In your quest to get to 2400, you've hurt the community and made a lot of people disillusioned with the game.

The LORD saves

01-29-2012

That's utterly ridiculous, and you should think before you write. Playing as a team in a team game is not hurting the community.

People trying to solo in a team game hurts the community. Make your own team, then talk about community.

The idea of perpetual solo queue and community are by definition antithetical.

Sauron

01-29-2012

Quote:
ViolentlyCar:
You're definitely one of the best players around, and it's definitely an accomplishment to hit 2400. The reason people in this thread are all over your ass, however, is because you pretty much do it at the expense of the solo queue community, who are honestly sick to death of getting their asses handed to them by your premade. I've told you once and I'll tell you again: when your premade is queuing up, people stop playing because having a rabble of random solo queuers with a rating average of 1900 versus what is effectively a tournament-winning, organized team is about as far from fun as possible. There have been times where I wanted to play, but I hear a friend say "just got killed by Sauron's premade", so I don't even bother. I know I'm not the only one. In your quest to get to 2400, you've hurt the community and made a lot of people disillusioned with the game.

Its a good thing you only lose 1-2 elo for losing against us, even when we're 4 man. We have plenty of close games, too. You can learn a lot from going against good players, that's what we did back when we were solo queuers to get better.

Also, came across this in a game a few days ago:

Quote:
Gentacle: anyway just want to say thanks sauron since you make violently car physically ill
Gentacle: and i appreciate that

caseyjones

Adjudicator

01-29-2012

Quote:
Justaire:
That's utterly ridiculous, and you should think before you write. Playing as a team in a team game is not hurting the community.

People trying to solo in a team game hurts the community. Make your own team, then talk about community.

The idea of perpetual solo queue and community are by definition antithetical.

I don't think anyone has seen Sauron's **** since he posted this thread and you jumped on it.

Most everyone in this thread arguing against the whole constant 5 man queueing wreckling solo's has made a decent point. Yet, you come in and mock each and everyone of them. With no real argument at all. I assume it's because you're hoping your fanboyism will get Sauron and his teammates to let you play with them.

People trying to solo in a team game hurts the community? I can only assume you are completely unaware of Solo Queue Ranked, where its capped at Duo queue. Surely, Riot made a mistake by encouraging solo play in a team game.

Again, all of your arguments against those who have posted in this thread all pertain to them being jealous and that its a team game so you should obviously use a team. Almost every post uses the team game argument. And almost all of the posts that you respond to are complaining about getting matched solo queue vs a full premade. Which is annoying.

All these people are trying to say is that they want an even playing field. Which Ranked will bring. If you solo queue, you know that you won't face a 5 man premade, or even 3 people queueing together. And people queueing as 5 will only face other 5 mans. Right now draft doesn't provide that. The downside to 5 manning at their level is they obviously have ridiculous long queue times. But the player pool is so small it has to face them vs non 5s.

It'll all be fixed (hopefully) once ranked comes out. But for now, its simply annoying facing 5 mans if you aren't one yourself. But I am in no way condemning them, as it is quite fun to play with friends.

TLDR: Justaire is a tool.

The LORD saves

01-29-2012

Casey Jones,
People are whining about not having an even playing field, while enjoying an even playing field. No one is preventing others from creating a team and challenging Sauron's.

Sauron

01-29-2012

Quote:
Justaire:
Casey Jones,
People are whining about not having an even playing field, while enjoying an even playing field. No one is preventing others from creating a team and challenging Sauron's.

Its not a normal level playing field though, nor have I ever stated it was. Its normal queue, where "anything goes." People are free to make their own team but they're also free to play solo.

Matchmaking has some glaring flaws but it does try to equalize rating changes. You can either solo queue and be a positive and adaptable player to win your games consistently, or you can play with friends and win three or four times as often to get the same rating.

The issue of premades versus solos has been brought up with Riot many times, and Zileas seems to be confident that the current Elo weighting solves the problem. The thing is, since our ratings are normally hidden, there's not much respite for the players in just weighting Elo changes for these matches. That's why they removed losses from displaying in profiles.

If I was in charge of this stuff, I'd be putting in ranked to seperate the queues and to get more players overall. But, it seems they want to do botmatches to get more players first. I guess I can understand that route.