First draft player to hit 2400

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xanthic

01-28-2012

Full premades in draft is beyond broken and not an achievement to reach high Elo with. To begin with, the playerbase in draft is extremely small. While you premade with some of the highest Elo players in Dominion, if mm can't find you a proper matchup, it will randomly match you up with different Elo ranges far from yours.

I've played against full premades and as I do lose more than I have won vs them. I still gain the same Elo amount in loss or win, even though sometimes their Elo average has been 500 higher than ours. Simply put, it's a joke.
So if you want to brag it up, then man up and try to reach over 2000 by just solo queuing. You'll be amazed over the huge difference over having a fully coordinated team, to a team you'll have to carry hard to just be able to move up.

Draydan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
Full premades in draft is beyond broken and not an achievement to reach high Elo with. To begin with, the playerbase in draft is extremely small. While you premade with some of the highest Elo players in Dominion, if mm can't find you a proper matchup, it will randomly match you up with different Elo ranges far from yours.

I've played against full premades and as I do lose more than I have won vs them. I still gain the same Elo amount in loss or win, even though sometimes their Elo average has been 500 higher than ours. Simply put, it's a joke.
So if you want to brag it up, then man up and try to reach over 2000 by just solo queuing. You'll be amazed over the huge difference over having a fully coordinated team, to a team you'll have to carry hard to just be able to move up.
cant add more.

+1

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

Im willing to destroy the elo of one of my smurfs and then raise it up to 2k (AT LEAST), playing mostly ashe.

I will do that if that means anything to anyone, what you people think?

(im also willing to listen suggestions on how to destroy my elo, my lowest elo account has 1880 elo and since doding doesnt take away elo...)

DivineBovine

01-28-2012

congrats !

The LORD saves

01-28-2012

Quote:
Full premades in draft is beyond broken and not an achievement to reach high Elo with
In other words you're of the silly opinion that playing a team game as a team is broken.

Why does it never occur to you that someone has to be the top?

Argodis

01-28-2012

When I lose against Mollica's team, I usually lose about -13 elo. And then I queue up and matchmaking throws me against them again. Just saying.

It requires a bit of luck but if you're good, solo queue players can eventually get there too.

Congrats. Maybe I'll get there one day. lol

Cauldrath

01-28-2012

The big problem is that they are using the matchmaking algorithm from SR, where it is more reasonable for a good player to be able to dominate their lane and then carry the game. If you get a bad team in Dominion there is very little you can do.

They mostly just need to reduce the effect of outliers on team balancing and increase the adjustment for all group queue sizes, most likely needing larger adjustments for smaller group sizes.

Anyway, congrats, Sauron. From what I've seen in the touraments, you guys are just on another level from everyone else.

Wicked Demiurge

01-29-2012

Congrats, Sauron.

And to all the complainers, play against Sauron, and then say he doesn't deserve his Elo. His individual skill is a large part of what got him up there. I had the privilege of doing so last night, and it was impressive.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
(im also willing to listen suggestions on how to destroy my elo, my lowest elo account has 1880 elo and since doding doesnt take away elo...)
Premade 5s (you will probably need to find 4 people who also have their own reasons for losing elo). Win or lose, surrender every single game before it ends.

While you're at it, you can give tips to the players you encounter as your rating plummets. They certainly could use the advice.

Graogg

01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post

Getting above 2k is rather easy solo queue. Think I'm up to 2100+ playing mostly kog who is rarely banned anyway. Not sure if it will stay this way, but all my wins/losses are always 13-14 points either way, even coming from 1850 or so.

Op: grats and I also hope for some dominion ranked, would be very fun.

1234567 ... 8