Cain, The Forgotten Shield

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Extra Joker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

Welcome to the White Flame Cain

Ninjin Desu

03-14-2012

I like the idea, I feel as though he has too much cc though (well mostly the 3 second taunt). Shen has a 1.5 second taunt with all the added effects (similar to yours) that makes his taunt better than others, however, he can taunt multiple targets while yours only targets one. Galio has an aoe taunt for 2 seconds that deals a burst of damage at the end. Rammus has a 3 second single target taunt (no added effects unless combined with his W spell) and a slow from his Q. What I'm trying to say is, in comparison to other champions who have a taunt, I feel like yours is getting the best of Shen's (minus the multiple targets) and Rammus' (3 second taunt and damage back to target, although the damage back to the target isn't really the problem since it doesn't seem like it'd be that much anyway). But a 3 second taunt with all the added effects seems a little much for a champion who also has a 3 second silence/blind along with another 1 second silence. Other than that seems like a good champion overall.

Sleeper Cell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Shadow647's Review

Passive: Needs a major buff.

Q: I don't understand how Cain gets knocked back from ramming into someone else.

W: Either nerf the taunt duration or the damage returned because 80% over 3 seconds is way too much. Also the cooldown is way too short.

E: Nerf the duration or the cooldown. 5 second shield on a 7.2 second cooldown (at max CDR) is a little OP.

R: Buff the duration to be 3 at all levels. And unless you have Rylais or the enemy team is stupid enough to fight while blinded and silenced you are probably not going to be able to utilize this that much in a teamfight. I suggest giving it some form of hard cc. (Also, the blind is counterproductive to your taunt's damage return effects lol)

Btw, the last picture on the OP looks awesome

Lord Kyleshorse

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow647 View Post
Shadow647's Review

Passive: Needs a major buff.

Q: I don't understand how Cain gets knocked back from ramming into someone else.

W: Either nerf the taunt duration or the damage returned because 80% over 3 seconds is way too much. Also the cooldown is way too short.

E: Nerf the duration or the cooldown. 5 second shield on a 7.2 second cooldown (at max CDR) is a little OP.

R: Buff the duration to be 3 at all levels. And unless you have Rylais or the enemy team is stupid enough to fight while blinded and silenced you are probably not going to be able to utilize this that much in a teamfight. I suggest giving it some form of hard cc. (Also, the blind is counterproductive to your taunt's damage return effects lol)

Btw, the last picture on the OP looks awesome
Lord Kylehorse's response to Shadow647's review

Passive: People were always telling me that the passive was too OP, which is why I nerfed it so low. I raise it by a little bit, but I'm afraid that I'm gonna start hearing more OP complaints afterwards.

Q: Cain knocks himself back as well because he's actually striking the ground, creating a shock wave between himself and the target. This was originally meant to be used as an escape tool, as well as something a little more original.

W: If I nerfed the duration, It would appear like nothing's happened while it's at level one, so I'll reduced the return damage instead. I'll also see to increase the cooldown.

E: I'll see to increasing the cooldown.

R: The main strategy of the ult was to cripple any enemies that would be ganging up on an ally, or even just forcing the entire enemy team to retreat if they choose to push together in late game. I'll make the duration a flat 3 seconds as you said, but I hope you now realize the purpose of the ult.

Thanks for your opinions and suggestions.

Also, credit for the last artwork goes to Terratr0n.

yajeed

Recruiter

03-15-2012

i agree with whoisconar but also with those other lords

Lord Kyleshorse

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajeed View Post
i agree with whoisconar but also with those other lords
Other than the other lords, there was apparently one person who seemed so worked about it that he even downvoted all of my self posts, even the ones that were just replying back to posts made by other people.

That's right, I'm looking at you Bonebag!

Terratr0n

03-15-2012

Turning out pretty good.
But yeah, that passive. Must have been a b!tch to try and balance it right.
Looks good so far, but he was Demacian... -.-

Lord Kyleshorse

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terratr0n View Post
Turning out pretty good.
But yeah, that passive. Must have been a b!tch to try and balance it right.
Looks good so far, but he was Demacian... -.-
The passive has been a problem almost ever since I first made Cain. First I get people telling me that it's OP, so I nerf it down a notch and I suddenly get more people telling me that it's UP! Hopefully that all stops now.

Terratr0n

03-15-2012

Yeah people gotta remember Cain is dominately "a tank", and a passive like his is justified because Vladimir gains AP with HP!
"don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining".

OH, and give him one of these...I made it myself!
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1918855

Menea6587

03-18-2012

I like the idea of a full shut down, but applying it to the whole team for 3 seconds would be devastating and would probably result in Cain's team winning almost all the time.

Maybe make it a skill shot that affects the first champ for 3 seconds, then each champ it hits after wards has a 50% reduced effect. Just my 2 cents.