Cain, The Forgotten Shield

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Dizzle

02-01-2013

Sounds pretty cool

Lord Kyleshorse

02-08-2013

Bump

Lord Kyleshorse

02-28-2013

Rise from your grave!

Melancholy Exile

03-04-2013

More than a few lore questions, really:

If Cain died under the reign of Jarvan II, isn't it a safe bet that all other Shields are long dead?
Why did Cain's unit flee if they were "raised and trained to stand against any foe, no matter dark or nightmarish they might be"?
What is the purpose of mentioning that he spent "seven years" entombed in the darkness?
Why does he hate Demacia, especially when today's Demacia is not the one he knew?
If his goal is to slay the other members of his unit, all temporal problems aside, why would siding with Noxus help him achieve that?

Lord Kyleshorse

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholy Exile View Post
More than a few lore questions, really:

If Cain died under the reign of Jarvan II, isn't it a safe bet that all other Shields are long dead?
Why did Cain's unit flee if they were "raised and trained to stand against any foe, no matter dark or nightmarish they might be"?
What is the purpose of mentioning that he spent "seven years" entombed in the darkness?
Why does he hate Demacia, especially when today's Demacia is not the one he knew?
If his goal is to slay the other members of his unit, all temporal problems aside, why would siding with Noxus help him achieve that?
In order:

You bring up a really valid point in the time periods, so I'll change it to being the reign of Jarvan III, the current king. I just assumed that the time period would be where Jarvan II is in his later years, and Jarvan III would succeed the throne some years later.

Cain's unit fled because despite being train to stand their ground, they've only had to deal with threats such as Noxian invaders and the such. Seeing the vast army of shadows, the other Shields couldn't help but feel overwhelmed, and didn't want to die in a useless battle.

I mainly stated seven years to state that the Shields existed years before the announcement of the league of Legends, showing that Demacia and Noxus fought their battles through the traditional means of vast armies.

He doesn't really hate Demacia, in fact, it's kind of the opposite. He sees that if his cowardly knights could have been rewarded with being enlisted into the Dauntless Vanguard simply by running away and having a story to tell, then the current generation is simply not fit to defend his home.

He joins with Noxus simply so that he'll have an excuse to fight against Demacia. Though he didn't want to resort to such a strategy, it was the only way for him to fight against the Dauntless Vanguard, where his brothers are believed to hide in the ranks.

I understand that there are a bit of holes in his story, but I haven't really had that much time to rework it, nor are there people like you to take interest and give me a critique on the lore. If you would give me suggestions on how to improve the lore, I would most appreciate it.

Lord Kyleshorse

05-01-2013

Rise from your grave!!

CrazE101

05-01-2013

With the work put into this, I really enjoy this character ^^ being a Nautilus player myself, I enjoy aggressive tanks very much >=3

If this character was in the game, I would honestly find myself waiting to play him or even buy him. He sounds like a great aggressive pusher that can tank the hits and dish out what he needs when it's needed. Being supported by this guy would win the game ^^

oO Slaave Oo

05-01-2013

A few quick things I've noticed.

First off, you should remove the knockback on self on his Q. It doesn't make sense thematically as when you slam someone with your shield you don't generally get knocked back. Either make it work like Poppy's tackle where you follow along with them or Alister's head-butt. It has a relatively short knockback when compared to Alisters headbutt as well and depending on the length of charge It may need a bit of a damage hike for balance.

Secondly, I think his ult's radius should start off at half then increase by a small % per 0.5 second charging so its 50%-60%-75%-90%-100% so its more fluid feeling then a Boolean do it instantly or wait the 2 seconds. Kinda like Janna's Q.

Lord Kyleshorse

05-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by oO Slaave Oo View Post
A few quick things I've noticed.

First off, you should remove the knockback on self on his Q. It doesn't make sense thematically as when you slam someone with your shield you don't generally get knocked back. Either make it work like Poppy's tackle where you follow along with them or Alister's head-butt. It has a relatively short knockback when compared to Alisters headbutt as well and depending on the length of charge It may need a bit of a damage hike for balance.

Secondly, I think his ult's radius should start off at half then increase by a small % per 0.5 second charging so its 50%-60%-75%-90%-100% so its more fluid feeling then a Boolean do it instantly or wait the 2 seconds. Kinda like Janna's Q.
Thanks for the feedback. In terms of why I had Cain knock himself back as well, I had the image of his attack creating an explosion of dark energy, knocking both Cain and the enemy back. I also thought of this as a good way of keeping distance between Cain and enemy, or if he's being chased. Though this ability has had a history of criticism because of that knockback, so I'll see to changing it around. Also, I love your idea for the ult radius, and I'll make the changes as soon as I can. Thanks again for the constructive criticism. Every little bit helps.

Sasuke194

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2013

i think his ult should silence OR bind, if it does both for 2.5 secs it will be very op