Cain, The Forgotten Shield

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Kyleshorse

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSkull9 View Post
While I have no other problems with Cain as in the OP, one thing keeps bugging me.

The most any other champion gains is +1.25/level, so +2.25/level seems a bit too high.
With his innate, Cain should survive well with only +1.75/level.

Edit: Took another look, 295 is really slow, 325 is the current slowest movement speed of existing champions, so I personally wouldn't dip below 315 base.
Thanks for those catches. I'll be making the changes immediately. While this concept may look complete, there's always room for improvement, so thank you.

Caeyen

12-26-2012

I know you've been working on this for months, and I don't know too much of the technical stat-based stuff, but dude. I really like what you're doing. I dig everything about this champ (even the voice acting, holy ****) and I can really appreciate the amount of work you must've put into this. Keep it going!

xCreepeRx

12-27-2012

He needs an interaction with someone form the Shadow Isles, maybe something about a 'scent' of the Shadow Isles when Cain's ultimate lands on a friendly champ from the Shadow Isles. That'd be nice

Lord Kyleshorse

01-02-2013

bump

Toddyupa

01-02-2013

Passive needs changing. At the moment, the range is only useful for encounters with melees, but as soon as someone comes within melee he becomes insane strong. My suggestion:

By the Shield(Innate): Cain gains 4/5/6 armor and magic resistance for each allied champion within 800 range and grants half of this amount to such allies.

Reasons:
500 Range is too small. Only helps when really close to a teammate, REALLY, so early game strength was extremely weak, very situational.
To counteract the range enhancement, which turned the passive from almost never to standard, the values needed to be lowered a tad.
Granting the bonus to all allies seemed to strong, so I decided that it should probably only be to the allies effecting it.

For those that think the armour levels are too low late game, think about it this way. In a team fight you would probably have about 2 allies in the range. The old passive would grant 24 for you, and 12 for the rest. Now, it would be easier to have all 4 allies in range. 24 for you, 12 for the rest.

The maximum for the old one was 48 bonus armour, which I thought was too much. If Cain built tank it would barely matter for him, but his squishy allies would get 24 armour, which is quite massive.

Lord Kyleshorse

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddyupa View Post
Passive needs changing. At the moment, the range is only useful for encounters with melees, but as soon as someone comes within melee he becomes insane strong. My suggestion:

By the Shield(Innate): Cain gains 4/5/6 armor and magic resistance for each allied champion within 800 range and grants half of this amount to such allies.

Reasons:
500 Range is too small. Only helps when really close to a teammate, REALLY, so early game strength was extremely weak, very situational.
To counteract the range enhancement, which turned the passive from almost never to standard, the values needed to be lowered a tad.
Granting the bonus to all allies seemed to strong, so I decided that it should probably only be to the allies effecting it.

For those that think the armour levels are too low late game, think about it this way. In a team fight you would probably have about 2 allies in the range. The old passive would grant 24 for you, and 12 for the rest. Now, it would be easier to have all 4 allies in range. 24 for you, 12 for the rest.

The maximum for the old one was 48 bonus armour, which I thought was too much. If Cain built tank it would barely matter for him, but his squishy allies would get 24 armour, which is quite massive.
Noted, and changed. thanks for your advice. Every little bit helps.

Lord Kyleshorse

01-12-2013

bump

The Toxic Fox

01-22-2013

I'm having a hard time put my thoughts into words. I'll just go with the first word that pops into my head. Sexy... In that freakin EPIC sorta way! Haha

Lord Kyleshorse

02-01-2013

bump

Glaœon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

The effort the playerbase puts into some of these ideas makes me wonder why riot doesn't use any of them.