Cain, The Forgotten Shield

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Kyleshorse

02-01-2012

Excuse me, pardon me, just bumping through, nothing to see here.

Edasich

02-02-2012

Here's what I have to say about this champion.

Lore: Half of it sounds like another jab at Demacia as a whole, and the other half makes me wonder if Cain's comrades actually betrayed him or not and why or why not.

Innate: Load Cain with Thornmail and he gains 200 health easily. Stick Atma's Impaler and the Sunfire Cape on him and he gains 180 more health. All three items together give him 190 armor and 830 health. But wait a minute. What if the enemy team stacks AP? Then he's dead. I kind of think you should do something along the lines of replacing some of the health increase per 5 armor with a health increase per 5 magic resist. It would make him less OP against AD champs and less UP against AP ones.

Q: So, this is a skill shot, essentially? Or do you have to target an enemy to activate it? Other than that, it looks like an overclocked version of Alistair's Headbutt.

W: This ability would just end autoattackers like Tryndamere and Master Yi as it is. You might want to nerf the damage returned, reduce the taunt duration, and/or remove the healing effect. Also, how long does Cain have to hit an enemy before its on-hit effect wears off?

E: Okay. This, I like to some extent. My only concern is too weak. I recommend drastically increasing the ability power scaling unless you meant to type 0.8 instead of 0.08.

R: The damage scaling and base damage are abysmal, but the blinding and silencing effect make up for it. You might want to decrease mana costs and cooldowns at higher mastery levels.

Overall, you have an interesting but poorly executed concept here. His W is OP, is Q is somewhat unoriginal/confusing, and the rest of his kit is UP. I'm sorry if you took any offense to what I just said, but don't be discouraged. I still see great potential in Cain; he just needs more refinement.

Lord Kyleshorse

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edasich View Post
Here's what I have to say about this champion.

Lore: Half of it sounds like another jab at Demacia as a whole, and the other half makes me wonder if Cain's comrades actually betrayed him or not and why or why not.

Innate: Load Cain with Thornmail and he gains 200 health easily. Stick Atma's Impaler and the Sunfire Cape on him and he gains 180 more health. All three items together give him 190 armor and 830 health. But wait a minute. What if the enemy team stacks AP? Then he's dead. I kind of think you should do something along the lines of replacing some of the health increase per 5 armor with a health increase per 5 magic resist. It would make him less OP against AD champs and less UP against AP ones.

Q: So, this is a skill shot, essentially? Or do you have to target an enemy to activate it? Other than that, it looks like an overclocked version of Alistair's Headbutt.

W: This ability would just end autoattackers like Tryndamere and Master Yi as it is. You might want to nerf the damage returned, reduce the taunt duration, and/or remove the healing effect. Also, how long does Cain have to hit an enemy before its on-hit effect wears off?

E: Okay. This, I like to some extent. My only concern is too weak. I recommend drastically increasing the ability power scaling unless you meant to type 0.8 instead of 0.08.

R: The damage scaling and base damage are abysmal, but the blinding and silencing effect make up for it. You might want to decrease mana costs and cooldowns at higher mastery levels.

Overall, you have an interesting but poorly executed concept here. His W is OP, is Q is somewhat unoriginal/confusing, and the rest of his kit is UP. I'm sorry if you took any offense to what I just said, but don't be discouraged. I still see great potential in Cain; he just needs more refinement.
Thanks for the criticism. I actually been needing it a lot recently since no one would give me any actual feedback. Here's what I have to say.

Lore: it wasn't meant to slander Demacia in any way, just the Shields. I had a lore that explained why they abandoned Cain, though it was extremely long and I felt that I had to shorten it (and I'm talking 6 pages long). As for whether or not the Shields really betrayed Cain, I'm working on his judgement which should clear things up.

Innate: I suppose I can nerf the health bonus, but this was originally meant to help Cain against magic damage (which is his biggest weakness, as you stated since he'll be stacking in armor and not magic resist). I do, however, like your idea of replacing his health for magic resist.

Q: I understand that it's not the most original ability in the world (but then again it's been used by many other champions besides Alistair). I'm considering to remodel the entire thing to where it can be more of an escape tool than a charge. Once I post it, I insist you tell me what you think.

W: Auto-attackers like Tryndamere and Yi are why I reduced the damage Cain would receive by 50%, but from where you're going, it's as if you would want to buff his damage reduction. Also, I'm not sure if reducing the duration of like .5 to .25 is going to help since it'll seem like the enemy's not even being taunted, thus making it the last ability players will want to scale up. Cain simply needs to auto-attack an enemy champion after casting the ability fir the enemy to be taunted. After that, Cain stores up the damage taken, and after the duration, deals the damage back as a counterattack. I understand that this, to some people, is basically a weak version of Galio's ult, so I'll see what I can do to reconfigure it.

E: Yeah, I actually meant to type in 0.8 for the ability power scaling. That's a mistake on my part. I'll be sure to change it immediately.

R: I'll see what I can do about decreasing the mana cost and increasing the damage, though people believe it to already OP because of situations like in team fights. However, I was considering an idea that the target enemy takes bonus damage while those who were in radius receives the "abysmal" amount of damage.

Thanks again for giving me the criticism. If you have a champion concept of your own, I'd be more than happy to do a review for you myself.

Lord Kyleshorse

02-02-2012

*Update*

Buffed Cain's health from 420 to 440
Changed Shield and Claw's ability scale from (+.08) to (0.8)
Changed Oblivion to where it does more damage on target. Original damage is still done to all other enemies in Oblivion's radius.
Live by the Shield now gives you +5 health and +5 magic resist for every 10 armor.

Thanks to Edasich for the constructive criticism.

Lord Kyleshorse

02-02-2012

I'm trying to remodel Cain's Q since many people say that it's just a copy of Alistair. Hears what I have in mind.

Cain throws all of his weight into his shield and knocks the target, and himself, back. This ability can be really useful as an escape tool, or if you simply want to keep your distance. Upvote if you like this idea, or give your own suggestions on what Cain's new Q should be.

Lord Kyleshorse

02-02-2012

I'm also trying to find what can be used for Cain's dance (because that is an EXTREMELY important topic). If you know any awesome famous dance that you think will work for Cain, send me the link and I'll check it out!

Terratr0n

02-03-2012

Got that drawing uploaded finally, and i threw in a bonus for making ya wait so long, a drawing of Cain.

Lord Kyleshorse

02-04-2012

*Updated!*
Remodeled Cain's Q "One Man Stampede" into Shield Shock.

Lord Kyleshorse

02-05-2012

Hey, can someone please tell me how to make a survey? I figured that since people are just going in and out of this forum without saying anything, I might as well find a way to have them shared their opinion without having for them to post.... I'd still really appreciate it if you were to post though.

Bluedude303

02-05-2012

It seems like a good concept. I do like the passive especially