Cain, The Forgotten Shield

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Kyleshorse

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentientSushi View Post
Innate: I like it - kind of reminds me of the Spartan's with their shield formations. Not overly overpowered, but still gives him a nice buff in team fights.

Q: Farming tool mixed with a poke. My only complaint here is that the scaling on the "charge" is way too low - even if you have 1k AP it will only do 200 bonus damage. I understand that he is a tank, but if you scale it with AP, it might as well do some damage.

W: So it's not really a farming tool, it's more like Volibear's Majestic Roar. It fits his kit well, and lets him set up his other abilities. No complaints here!

E: Whoa there! Exact opposite of your Q - that AP scaling is off the hook. Maybe make it just give you half of a shield and your ally the full shield? Because as it stands, that is a pretty OP ability.

R: Basically shuts down all attacks. I like the concept because it isn't an initiator, it sets up initiations. No complaints here!
Thanks for the feedback. I'll see what I can do about the scalings.

Lord Kyleshorse

05-23-2012

After many weeks of sketching, waiting, and procrastinating, I've finally gotten another Cain sketch.

White Flame Cain:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1&d=1337838472

Based on the White Flame faction created by Extra Joker. Features Cain in shining white armor with red trimmings on his armor, shield, helmet, and gauntlet. On his gauntlet is his original corrupted dark blue diamond shaped gem, along with a round white gem with a red fire flickering inside it. New looks for Cain's aura based attacks would include a mixed of colors such as black, white, blue, and red. The bottom part of Cain's helmet is removed, showing his mouth and even hair.

Extra Joker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

Ask Bliztron he knows more about that stuff

Extra Joker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kyleshorse View Post
After many weeks of sketching, waiting, and procrastinating, I've finally gotten another Cain sketch.

White Flame Cain:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1&d=1337838472

Based on the White Flame faction created by Extra Joker. Features Cain in shining white armor with red trimmings on his armor, shield, helmet, and gauntlet. On his gauntlet is his original corrupted dark blue diamond shaped gem, along with a round white gem with a red fire flickering inside it. New looks for Cain's aura based attacks would include a mixed of colors such as black, white, blue, and red. The bottom part of Cain's helmet is removed, showing his mouth and even hair.
Awesome

Lord Kyleshorse

05-30-2012

You know, it's weird. I know for a fact that over 100 people viewed this thread since the last post, yet every one just completely ignored it.

Lord Kyleshorse

05-31-2012

So I found a coral painter tablet in my computer graphics class and I was able to try a pieces of Cain. Since I made Extra Joker wait so much on the White Flame skin,, here's to making up for the wait. Check it out!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1&d=1338514537

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1&d=1338514537

Please keep in mind that this was actually my very first time using this program, so don't go saying that I suck.

Lord Kyleshorse

06-02-2012

bump

Pethrax

06-03-2012

passive is a slightly different version of taric's shatter, but unique enough to be its own, i like.

q- fine, well polished, no problems.

w- um, the radius is rather low. also, what is the duration of the slow?

e- very nice, slight grammar issue for me, its shielding both of them for, not from, unless you specify what kind of damage, physical or magical, and if it is a specific type, i would suggest a tiny buff, maybe 10 more to each level?

r- rather nicely thought up.

overall, just a little nitpicking from me, main issue- THE NAME. he is called the "forgotten shield" what is his abilities theme? darkness coming OUT of the shield. instead of "forgotten", how bout something that deals with darkness, like the shield of shadows, or Evil's Bulwark? just me being nancy nitpicker, i like a unified theme.

Lord Kyleshorse

06-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pethrax View Post
passive is a slightly different version of taric's shatter, but unique enough to be its own, i like.

q- fine, well polished, no problems.

w- um, the radius is rather low. also, what is the duration of the slow?

e- very nice, slight grammar issue for me, its shielding both of them for, not from, unless you specify what kind of damage, physical or magical, and if it is a specific type, i would suggest a tiny buff, maybe 10 more to each level?

r- rather nicely thought up.

overall, just a little nitpicking from me, main issue- THE NAME. he is called the "forgotten shield" what is his abilities theme? darkness coming OUT of the shield. instead of "forgotten", how bout something that deals with darkness, like the shield of shadows, or Evil's Bulwark? just me being nancy nitpicker, i like a unified theme.
Thanks for the feedback.
W: I'll up the radius and the slow duration is 2 seconds.
E: The shield protects them from all kinds of damage.
As for the name, it would be easier if you were to read the lore, trust me.

Lord Kyleshorse

06-06-2012

Shield bump.