Cain, The Forgotten Shield

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kyleshorse View Post
It's supposed to be sort of an inner strength thing, to show that you don't have to be a huge muscle man to carry heavy armor. Plus there could be some cases to where armor is strong, yet lighter than it seems.
I'm in no way saying he should look like mundo, but even more to your point, wouldn't a shorter person, someone who is (metaphorically)looked down upon, be an ideal candidate for shield bearer? Someone with a low center of gravity that can hunker down and hold his position? Again, this isn't criticism, I just want to get into your thought process.

Lord Kyleshorse

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH NO ITS LU BU View Post
Also, momentum-based question. It says that on impact with his Q that he and the enemy champion are knocked away from each other but if he's throwing all his weight behind his shield then on impact one of two things will most likely happen.

Scenario 1: He hits the opponent, crushing them and plowing through/over them.

Scenario 2: He hits them and on impact plants his feet, sending them flying while he slides to a stop shortly after impact.

Also, if there is some degree of Ability Power in this attack, would it be that his shield is somehow generating power as he charges(i.e. magical power charge) that causes an explosion on impact, which would then make a bit more sense towards both of them being flung in opposite directions?
Yeah, there's been a lot of questions about how this works, though I like your idea of it. And to answer your question, while Cain's charging, it appears that he's covered in dark streaks. While his movements and actions are physical (excluding his ult), his true power is his magic.

*Updated!*
Changed the description of how the ability works. Let me know if it makes a little more sense.

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2012

Quote:
W: I understand that it does seem to be a combination of Rammus' skills (mainly because it was inspired by Rammus). Just keep in mind that if this were to be used on like an AP champion, it would do extremely little damage since the damage is a fraction of what is dealt to you, not to mention the fact that the damage to you is also reduced. This skills can be OP against AD champions, but UP against AP champs.
The same can be said for Rammus's skills. This does not remove the fact that this single spell is as good as 2 spells from someone else combined.

Lord Kyleshorse

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryypter View Post
The same can be said for Rammus's skills. This does not remove the fact that this single spell is as good as 2 spells from someone else combined.
I guess you're right. If you think you have a better idea of what Cain W should be I'd be more than happy to hear it. I was just discussing on how it wasn't OP.

OH NO ITS LU BU

04-11-2012

Quote:
I guess you're right. If you think you have a better idea of what Cain W should be I'd be more than happy to hear it.
How about something like:

W
Passive - Can is granted bonus Magic Resist with some scaling number that isn't op but is still helpful
Active - Cain points his shield to the sky and radiates a silencing wave that deals moderate magic damage to enemies without 300 units. The silence last 1 second. Cain cannot move during this ability.

OH NO ITS LU BU

04-11-2012

that accomplishes two things. 1. he's tankier by default and blocking more and 2. it gives him a utility skill that affects enemies surrounding him, which is where he should be if he's a tank, i.e. in the middle of the enemy group.

Lord Kyleshorse

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH NO ITS LU BU View Post
How about something like:

W
Passive - Can is granted bonus Magic Resist with some scaling number that isn't op but is still helpful
Active - Cain points his shield to the sky and radiates a silencing wave that deals moderate magic damage to enemies without 300 units. The silence last 1 second. Cain cannot move during this ability.
That's actually not a bad idea. If a better ability doesn't come to mind, then I'll make the changes.

OH NO ITS LU BU

04-11-2012

Cool man. If you've got time take a look at funkhauser!

Azzma

04-11-2012

This champion is pretty interesting actually. I like the concept and spells. He's fits the role of Tank/Support perfectly. Overall, I'd play him if he were in the game.

I hope a Red happens to see this thread and gets inspiration from it.

Lord Kyleshorse

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azma27 View Post
This champion is pretty interesting actually. I like the concept and spells. He's fits the role of Tank/Support perfectly. Overall, I'd play him if he were in the game.

I hope a Red happens to see this thread and gets inspiration from it.
Thanks for your reply. Honestly, if a Red simply commented on this post, I'd be more than content. If Riot were to make Cain real, then I wouldn't play as anybody else!