[Champion Concept] Kavyn, The Golden Dagger

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Kyleshorse

09-03-2012

Constructive feedback is much appreciated!
__________________________________________________ ________________________

If you have any questions for Kavyn himself, ask it here.
http://ask-kavyn.tumblr.com/

*Any similarities to other champions are simply a coincidence*

Kavyn is an AD champion whose main focus is gaining gold and gaining a lot of it. If played right, you'll have items in mid-game that many would only get at late-game.

Role: Bruiser, Pusher, Melee

Overview:

Attack Power: Slightly Above Average

Defense Power: Slightly Below Average

Ability Power: Low

Difficulty: Moderately Easy

Reccommended Items:
Dorans Blade, Mercury Treads, Philosopher's Stone, The Brutalizer, Youmuu's Ghostblade, Trinity Force

Stats:

Attack Damage: 43.5 (+2.9 per level)

Health: 409 (+90 per level)

Mana: 257 (+40 per level)

Movement Speed: 315

Armor: 16 (+3.5 per level)

Magic Resist: 30 (+1 per level)

Health Regeneration: 7 (+0.5 per level)

Mana Regeneration: 6.75 (+0.85 per level)

Ability Set:

Pick Pocket (Q): Kavyn dashes in a single direction, dealing 40/70/100/130/160 (+0.8 per AD) physical damage to all enemies in his path and receiving 2/3/4/5/5 gold for every enemy damaged this way.
Mana Cost: 60/60/60/60/60
Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
Dash Distance: 550 units

Spare Dagger (W): Kavyn grants himself and a target ally unit 20/30/40/50/60 AD for 7 seconds. If Kavyn or an ally with this buff kills an enemy unit, both Kavyn and the ally will receive 1/2/3/4/5 gold per enemy kill.
Mana Cost: 40/50/60/70/80
Cooldown: 13/12/11/10/9 seconds

Blade in the Pocket (E): Kavyn throws a dagger at an enemy unit, dealing 60/100/140/180/220 (+0.7 per AD) physical damage and slowing the target for 2 seconds. Upon hitting the target, a bag is dropped where the enemy was attacked. If Kavyn moves towards the sack, he gains 15 gold. If the sack is left untouched for 10 seconds, it disappears.
Mana Cost: 40/50/60/70/80
Cooldown: 13/12/11/10/9 seconds
Range: 600 units
Slow: 25/30/35/40/45%

Spirit of Greed (R)(TOGGLE): While toggled on, Kavyn taps into Mordekaiser's curse, becoming the very entity of greed. As such, he attack power increases by 3/4/5% of Kavyn's total gold amount. During the toggle, Kavyn's gold amount drains 20/25/30 gold per second. While using Spirit of Greed, Kavyn can only gain gold through his abilities and killing enemies and monsters. All other forms of gaining gold are immediately cancelled. If Kavyn's gold amount reaches zero, Spirit of Greed is automatically toggled off and cannot be used until Kavyn gains at least one gold. When Spirit of Greed is toggled off, all auto gold gaining effects return to normal.

Cancelled gold gaining actions are as follows:
Auto gold gain per second
Unique item passives
Gold gain from death of dragon
Gold gain from turret destruction
Gold gain from assists

Black Market (Passive): Kavyn can access the shop anywhere on the map simply by pressing (P). If an item is purchased away from the summoner platform, there will be a 10 second delay before the item reaches Kavyn's inventory. When an item is purchased this way, it will fill a slot in Kavyn's inventory with a timer on it. When the timer reaches zero, the item will be added. Kavyn can only purchased three items at a time from Black Market. Once Kavyn has exited from the shop, he cannot access Black Market for another three minutes.

Tips:

Black Market is Kavyn's main mechanism, but also leaves him open to enemies. When accessing Black Market, make sure you're in a safe location (in a bush or behind a turret) and clear of any enemies.

Combining the stun effect of Blade in The Pocket with the Pick-Pocket dash can help greatly in escaping enemies.

Remember to use Spirit of Greed responsibly. If you have the toggle on when not needed, make sure to turn it off to avoid any unnecessary loss of gold.

If you know an event is about to happen such as the dragon being killed or an enemy turret is about to be destroyed, make sure Spirit Of Greed is toggled off so you can gain the gold bonus.

Appearance:
Kavyn is around the same age as Talon (early to mid 30's). His hair is a muddy brown and has a small goatee under his chin as well as a scar on the right side of Kavyn's face. He wears mostly leather armor (breastplate, pauldrons, gloves, boots, etc.). His weapons is are two long daggers. One dagger is the one stabbed in his back by Talon and mixed with Mordekaiser's cursed metal, while the other dagger is a dagger given to all members of The Golden Daggers which the blade, based on the name, is tempered to look like pure gold.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...1&d=1387730430

Art done by Runescratch from Tumblr ad Deviantart.

Lore:
Being born from the slums of Noxus, Kavyn’s childhood mainly consisted of stealing simply to keep him alive. He even formed a friendly partnership with a young Talon, whom later stabbed Kavyn in the back for almost risking their capture. As Kavyn drifted through the gutter that he was thrown into, he was trying so desperately to hold on to his life. It was after he reached the end of the gutters stream that he laid before the metal titan known as Mordekaiser. Feeling pity for the boy’s suffering (a suffering of which the master of metal didn’t cause), Mordekaiser resurrected Kavyn with his curse, which to Kavyn, was actually a blessing.

After his near-death experience, Kavyn fled from Noxus, but his thieving actions were not put behind him. Since his departure, Kavyn became one of the most notorious thieves in Valoran, and leader of the infamous thieves’ guild known simply as “The Golden Daggers”. At that point, Kavyn was no longer surviving, but living. His career as a thief of Valoran had benefitted him more than it ever did during his time in Noxus. Kavyn had left his mark in many city-states such as Demacia, Ionia, Piltover, and so on. However, despite his travels, Kavyn never once set foot in his old home Noxus, fearing perhaps that his old friend would come for Kavyn after receiving word of his survival. Taking the thought more to account, Kavyn set his sights on joining the League of Legends, knowing the champion’s code of not being able to kill fellow champions (as well as perhaps making a few coin along the way).

“There’s no mistaking his survival anymore, but blast this annoying code! I shall savor the pleasure of constantly slaying the fool on the Fields of Justice...”- Talon

I'm also thinking of writing a full story on Kavyn and how he came to be a world-class thief. If I were to do so, I would post the story in the Fan-Fiction Forum. Let me know what you guys think.

Speech and Hotkeys:

Upon Selection:
"Spare some coin? *whispers* I’ll just help myself"

Movement:
"Sure."
"If you say so."
"Lead the way."
"Keep your eyes open."
"I can smell the gold from here."
"Can we buy something yet?"
"A thief is always moving."

Attacking:
"Come on!"
"Let’s see what you got."
"Spare some coin?"
"Shut up and give me your money!"
"Let me help you empty those pockets."

Approaching Talon in a match:
"Hey… no hard feelings, right?"

Upon killing Talon:
"You had this coming, just saying!"

Upon dying to Talon:
"N… not again."

Taunt:
"You might wanna check your pockets once this is all over"
"You don’t really need all of this gold, do you?”

Joke:
"Dere’s gold in dem minions!"
"I wonder if I should give them back all their gold…. naahhh."

(As the Spirit of Greed)

Movement:
"I am greed incarnate!"
"Who’s ready for some carnage?"
"Oh it feels so good to just cut loose."
"Where are you?"
"I’m growing impatient."

Attacking:
"I’ll rip their souls from their flesh."
"Their lives is in my hands now."
"Insignificant creatures."
"My blade. Their throats."

Taunt:
"All I wish to take… is your life!"
"Why take your gold when I can take your soul?!"

Joke:
"It aint easy being green."
"You wanna hear a joke now?! We’re losing gold by the second here!"

Upon approaching Talon:
"You made me this way."

Upon killing Talon:
"Hurry on back. I can’t wait to kill you again and again!"

Upon dying by Talon:
"You… you will… pay."

Upon seeing Mordekaiser:
"You’ll regret ever finding me in that gutter."

Upon killing Mordekaiser:
"Undead flesh is still flesh!"

Upon dying by Mordekaiser:
"No! You won’t take this from me!"

Dance:
Dance scene from Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Kavyn would summon a thief to his side, and they would punch and fall on each other as they dance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtmbZnXSQ7k

Trivia:
Kavyn's first appearance was in Talon's Judgement Lore.

Relations:
As a child, Kavyn once had a partnership with Talon during his time in the Noxus. Due to constantly leaving Talon behind on heists and almost getting him caught, it was short lived.

During his tour as a thief in Piltover, Kavyn has had many run-ins with Caitlyn as she constantly tries to arrest him. Kavyn has never once been caught, despite constantly running into Caitlyn's bear traps.

Let me know what you guys think of Kavyn in terms of his abilities and his character. I'll be more than happy to take any suggestions. Also, don't forget to up-vote if you like the concept!

Also, if you haven't already, check out my first ever concept, Cain The Forgotten Shield!
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1758191

Thanks!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg kavyncommission.jpg (763.1 KB, 139 views)

SRSAirbag

09-03-2012

I like it, but I'm not sure how the bonus gold would turn out, either up or op, :\. I kind of think his passive is almost useless though.

Lord Kyleshorse

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRSAirbag View Post
I like it, but I'm not sure how the bonus gold would turn out, either up or op, :\. I kind of think his passive is almost useless though.
Thanks for responding, though I feel that the passive could actually be useful. I created it with the purpose that Kavyn wouldn't have to go back and forth between his lane and base just to get an item.

A lot of my friends complained that having an open shop wherever you go was OP, which was why I sort of gave it a bit of a shipping and handling effect of paying a bit more to have it delivered to you.

Also, haven't you ever had that moment where you have all this gold you wanna spend but you can't find the time to go back to base to buy items and them come back? Well, this passive solves that. Just hide ion a bush or behind a tower, purchase the item and you're ready to go. This passive is for the point of saving time and making the use of Kavyn's constant gold gaining.

However, this thread just got stared, so if you have any other suggestions to what Kavyn's passive should be, let me know and I'll take it to consideration.

Zagna

09-03-2012

If you do not mind me saying something, you forgot to put up 'Health' on the stats.

Also, i was thinking that the passive 'trade route' could have a little extra effect to ensure his gold gaining scheme.
Maybe increasing the amount of gold you can get from items like the philosopher's stone by one extra gold or something.

Just a suggestion though.

Skyhawke

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRSAirbag View Post
It'd be really strong actually. Never run out of health pots, never run out of wards, never leave lane.

Lord Kyleshorse

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagna View Post
If you do not mind me saying something, you forgot to put up 'Health' on the stats.

Also, i was thinking that the passive 'trade route' could have a little extra effect to ensure his gold gaining scheme.
Maybe increasing the amount of gold you can get from items like the philosopher's stone by one extra gold or something.

Just a suggestion though.
Thanks for catching the missing Health. That basically proves that you looked at the whole concept in detail, and I appreciate that. As for your idea for the passive, it just seems like something small to put into it. Maybe I could make it into a secret passive.

Lord Kyleshorse

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhawk47 View Post
It'd be really strong actually. Never run out of health pots, never run out of wards, never leave lane.
Finally, someone who gets it! Also, due to the tax effect of the passive with the extra cost, you need to be careful that you don't overspend. You'll have to choose whether to spend it on health pots, or save it for a big item.

Though, to tell you the truth, I completely forgot to take health pots and wards into consideration, and seeing the whole thing in my head, it's does seem pretty OP. Maybe I can do something like increase the extra cost or simply prevent consumables from being bought with the passive.

What do you guys think? I'm open to any suggestions.

Zagna

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kyleshorse View Post
Thanks for catching the missing Health. That basically proves that you looked at the whole concept in detail, and I appreciate that. As for your idea for the passive, it just seems like something small to put into it. Maybe I could make it into a secret passive.
Lol, a secret passive? I am not sure if Riot would do something like that at all. XP

As for a suggestion relating to his passive, i have two theories for it. They are kind of opposites of each other, just so you know at least.

The first one would be as you said, unable to buy consumables but can still buy the weapons, armor, etc.

The second option would be that he can only buy consumables while out in the battlefield, as carrying weapons and armor to him seems a bit awkward in my opinion, because how would he get the stuff from the distance? If it is automatic, then i have no complaints.

Plus, i think a 5 second delay is a bit too short considering that you are shopping at a distance.
I think it should be longer, like at least ten seconds to 30 seconds- possibly even depending on how far he is from the base. Until he gets his item, he cannot order anything else either unless he is back at base, which can force the player to be careful since trying to buy a lot of things can give the enemy players time to find him and assassinate him while shopping.

Lord Kyleshorse

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagna View Post
Lol, a secret passive? I am not sure if Riot would do something like that at all. XP

As for a suggestion relating to his passive, i have two theories for it. They are kind of opposites of each other, just so you know at least.

The first one would be as you said, unable to buy consumables but can still buy the weapons, armor, etc.

The second option would be that he can only buy consumables while out in the battlefield, as carrying weapons and armor to him seems a bit awkward in my opinion, because how would he get the stuff from the distance? If it is automatic, then i have no complaints.

Plus, i think a 5 second delay is a bit too short considering that you are shopping at a distance.
I think it should be longer, like at least ten seconds to 30 seconds- possibly even depending on how far he is from the base. Until he gets his item, he cannot order anything else either unless he is back at base, which can force the player to be careful since trying to buy a lot of things can give the enemy players time to find him and assassinate him while shopping.
Actually, it's not unheard of. The correct term for it is "hidden passives". They exist simply for amusement, showing little significance in gameplay and most of them involve simple secret quotes if performing certain actions at certain times, but there are hidden passives that have a small effect on one's stats.Here's a link to the subject on the wiki.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Hidden_passive

My original idea was to have Kavyn's passive be able to buy weapons and armor, but mainly because I completely forgot about consumables. The concept of Black Market is similar to online shopping, such as paying with shipping and have the item delivered at a later time.

I once pictured Kavyn constantly fighting someone top lane and keeping them from going back to their base. With his passive, Kavyn can quickly up his stats with items while the enemy would most likely still be stuck with a Doran's item.
But then again, being able to buy consumables freely would make Kavyn the ultimate support, always ready with wards, and being able to buy health pots constantly will also keep him sustained!.... I just don't know which to choose!

As for the waiting time, I agree that I should increase the time for the weapon to arrive. I wanted to making it so that it would be a faster process of getting an item rather than just going back and forth between shop and lane (which I estimated to be at around 20 seconds). Because of this, I may put it at around 10 seconds.

As for being open to enemies while shopping, that's why it's important to be in a safe area like behind a turret, and always know what it is you're going to buy so that you won't be still for too long, as well as constantly checking your map for nearby enemies.

I'm not so sure about limiting the amount of items you can buy. I just feel that the limiting plus the waiting process kind of goes against what I've been trying to go for. I'll try to think of something though.

Thanks for your suggestions. It really helps out.

Zagna

09-03-2012

You are welcome, glad i can put some suggestions out there.

Oh, and i noticed that you have not put a base number for the mana regeneration of your character.
Not only that, but the amount he gets per level kind of confuses me. Is that the amount he can get every five seconds, or every second? If it is later, Then i think that is a bit much. If it is the former, then i can see something there- but it needs adjustment.

Here is Talons table as an example.

Health Regen 7.25 (+0.75 / per level)

Mana Regen 6.75 (+0.5 / per level)

It is safe to assume that this is a chart for the every five seconds kind of deal, which would make the base for your character too low. Just thought i bring this up since this is how Riot Games does it.

Other than that, i am all for the idea of your character.

12345 ... 7