Carrying As A Jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jezzaxx

01-28-2012

I unlocked Xin not too long ago, and have been jungling with him as of late.

I have read from many people that a good jungler, especially Xin, who can get so powerful so fast, can carry a bad team to victory.

I don't understand how this is possible, however, if everyone is pushing his/her respective lane, not setting up ganks, and just overall being a baddie.

If that is the case, what does one do, as a jungler, to win the game, or at least give his team a chance...

Am I missing something that I could be doing to carry a bad team to victory?

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzaxx View Post

I have read from many people that a good jungler, especially Xin
Xin isn't a "good" jungler. But a champion such as Skarner or Lee Sin and the like can help their team win by securing kills and dragon in the early/mid game.

Onyx of Darkness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

When your team is pushing the lanes and making it hard to gank, you have 3 options:
-Tell you team that you cannot gank if they continue to push, and that they are making it easy for the enemy jungler to gank
-Counter jungle. Constantly take the enemies buffs, but always leave them with one creep so that they don't respawn, ALWAYS kill dragon, and ward the river so that at the very least you can see ganks coming and warn your team.
-Roam. Swap from lane to lane, helping your team push and take towers and potentially kills, this way, even if you are behind in the kill count, you can be in front tower wise, and out push the other team to victory.

Xin is a better jungler than he is laner at the moment, and a good Xin jungler with some other CC in lanes means death when Ganking. Just don't listen to a team of bads who blame you for losing the game for them because you didn't gank. If you have told them not to push, and they continue, then don't offer them assistance, help the lanes that want to win.

The Komodo

01-28-2012

Your first problem is Xin.

iCoffee

01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzaxx View Post
Am I missing something that I could be doing to carry a bad team to victory?
It depends on how bad the team is, there are two kinds:

1.) Doesn't feed, doesn't lose lane, never makes kills.
2.) Feeds. Loses lane. Blames the jungler.

Of the two types above, you'll typically run into the second. The second type cannot be carried.

Mylon

01-29-2012

Carrying as the jungler is tough. I know because I jungle often.

Most junglers do not scale well into late game. They may be able to get a good advantage and get fed and this really helps, but they're nothing like a late game carry or AP mid. Typically they end up having to build tanky and just act as disruption late game.

This in mind, your options are to gank very often early and mid game to ensure your team gets fed, or you should play a high threat jungler. Xin is such a high threat jungler. Other examples are Kayle, Trist, and Tryndamere. These champions scale very well into late game as well as having decent ganks so they don't totally let their team down early and mid game. Plus, they also deal very good damage late game and can carry a team.

Other pointers to remember as a jungler: Communicate! You don't have to worry about last hitting, so you can watch the minimap, keep an eye on MIAs, and remind people not to push so you can gank, or not to play aggressive if they're costing themselves CS or getting themselves whittled down.

MrDrNiceGuy

01-29-2012

Xin is not a good character at higher levels of play. As far as carries go I really like Nocturne. He isn't quite the meta right now but hes still really good and a lot of fun. Otherwise you could try Shyv, Udyr, or Skarner who can help carry and are fantastic junglers.

PyroBane

01-30-2012

Warwick could probably do this well.

PyroBane

01-30-2012

Mabye warwick could do this well also

bornl3gacy

01-30-2012

best jungle carriers I've found are Maokai and GP.

The benefits of both of them is little reliance on blue giving away blue at 7 minutes is not a big deal. As well as good AoE ultimates that can turn team fights on top of they have good speed at farming jungle and scale well with items in their perspective roles.

Maokai has devastating gank power as well as being a beastly tank. He is pretty good to carry with but you gotta make sure if you reach late game with him that you have the dmg to make your tank power useful i.e. Ezreal blows late game actually all game.

GP the best thing about him is his late game scaling I take him when I need a safer jungle than Maokai and we have some other tanky individuals basically with him I just farm jungle for most the game until a lane is either failing or I see free gold he's good at counter jungling and so forth but his good scaling for the majority of the game makes him invaluable.

and my 3rd piece of advice if you ever hear all lanes calling for ganks just ignore it and farm jungle till you see free gold and try to carry them through the mid game.