I can't get into 1300 elo because I'm queued with first time players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

*Does a background check*

Yeah...

Falco Amadeus

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by reticuli View Post
This is a viable strategy, but you're kinda missing the point. I don't want to play with noobs when I have tons of experience. This current system requires luck more than skill. Luck you don't get an afk, luck you don't get a first timer on your team, luck you have a team that speaks english, luck you don't have a troll.

You think Michael Jordan got good by playing against high school students in the off season?

No he played against the best, because excellence breeds excellence.
Michael Jordan got better when he teamed up with Looney Tunes against aliens, whereas Charles Barkley lost against random kids after said aliens sapped his basketball skills...

Dunno where I was supposed to be going with this, but that was an epic movie.

Tho76

01-28-2012

Quote:
This is a viable strategy, but you're kinda missing the point. I don't want to play with noobs when I have tons of experience. This current system requires luck more than skill. Luck you don't get an afk, luck you don't get a first timer on your team, luck you have a team that speaks english, luck you don't have a troll.

You think Michael Jordan got good by playing against high school students in the off season?

If that is your thought process then too bad. Nothing can influence luck. My thought was to help even the odds. I get trolls all the time, you just need to fight through it.

Sauron

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKelley View Post
I am intrigued by this concept. Can you give me a quick rundown of what it entails?
Sona with Aegis, Sheen, FH, and Odyn's. Sits in top lane/jungle the whole game and is always found with at least one teammate. Absolute pain to deal with in team fights.

You can check Wawix's match history for a more detailed setup.

PacificStar

01-28-2012

The way that I have herded cats on my team is to type in capslock:

PUSH MINIONS, FIGHT ON POINTS, THIS IS HOW YOU WIN DOMINION.

Obviously, there's a lot more to it than that, but at low Elo if your team does this you'll probably win.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-28-2012

Quote:
at this point, after hundreds of games, i would just give up and find a premade

if you're at the point where a game is +13 or -13 rating it's going to take you a while just to get to like 1700.

Snowrelax

01-28-2012

Quote:

This is a viable point, but you're kinda missing the point.

If you're stuck in 1200-1300 after 100 games, you deserve to be there, and/or at least don't deserve to be paired with >1400 players.

TouchinMyself

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtehLoLrus View Post
Actually, this doesnt seem to be true. I checked on a second account, and its elo was 1300. I then checked some well known players. bigfatLP has a dominion ELO of 1703 despite being 6 and 5. Scarra has a dominion ELO of 1544 despite having a record of 2 and 4. But the real tell is Reginald, who had an elo of 1506 and is 0 and 1.

It appears that it factors in Normal or Ranked ELO. Its not a clean ELO like ranked, but pushes people up so they dont pubstomp on new players.
I think people are putting too much faith into the numbers JabeBot puts out. It does not appear to be accurate at all...

reticuli

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowrelax View Post
This is a viable point, but you're kinda missing the point.

If you're stuck in 1200-1300 after 100 games, you deserve to be there, and/or at least don't deserve to be paired with >1400 players.
I deserve to be there?! Based on what?!

I've played this game since beta 2009, I do not "deserve" to be queued with first time players.

larkhill

01-28-2012

Quote:
I deserve to be there?! Based on what?!

I've played this game since beta 2009, I do not "deserve" to be queued with first time players.
u deserve to be matched with people of equal skill level. Riot deems elo as a valid measure of skill level. thus u get matched with people with your elo range.

is games played be a factor in matchmaking? probably.
should it play a much bigger role than it currently does? i think so.

but that would cause much longer queue times for everyone, especially people at the extremes of the elo (both high and low).