[New Item]: The Neutralizer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Critical Error

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2009

I dont approve of this as an item. However, I do think that this would be a pretty sweet passive for some hero.

It sounds like it would just become necessary for all heroes in a game since most always you worry about crit hits from late game carries.

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

10-18-2009

Quote:
-crit damage is a good idea. Negating crits is not.
+1
If you want an item to "neutralize" enemy carries, perhaps an item with a negative aura that lowers enemies chance to crit?

Flakes

10-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingreaper View Post
-crit damage is a good idea. Negating crits is not.
WoW's resilience stat would be interesting (but game-changing) in LoL

makes crits both less likely and less harmful against you, and also reduces damage over time

innociv

12-11-2009

There needs to be an anti-crit item, but negating it completely is a bit much.

It should reduce critical damage taken, like the opposite of Infinity Edge.

NavalOffisah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2009

I like this idea, but maybe cut crits on you from 200% to 150% or something like that instead (or all, to balance infinity edge.)? full negation kills a lot of heroes.

Phiphler

The Council

12-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flakes View Post
WoW's resilience stat would be interesting (but game-changing) in LoL

makes crits both less likely and less harmful against you, and also reduces damage over time
It's just that resilience was WAY to gamechanging for WoW, it basically broke the game when it showed up.

Resilience is a really bad idea for LoL, trust me

Semei

12-12-2009

I like this!

+1

Bianary

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiphler View Post
It's just that resilience was WAY to gamechanging for WoW, it basically broke the game when it showed up.

Resilience is a really bad idea for LoL, trust me
But was it from a single expensive item that you had to give up a great deal for (Item slot, gold -- all for the one resilience benefit) or just a stat that you boosted while getting gear for everything else?

I don't believe it's comparable.

I don't think it has to be a full negation, but I still think that given the cost it's at that wouldn't be unreasonable. It would limit a carry against that one champion, while still leaving that champion fairly vulnerable to everyone else on the enemy team (They're down 2000 gold to negate the carry's critical strikes only -- that's a pretty decent chunk of MR/HP/AR or damage that they've just given up for that)

Emrot

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
I don't think it has to be a full negation, but I still think that given the cost it's at that wouldn't be unreasonable. It would limit a carry against that one champion, while still leaving that champion fairly vulnerable to everyone else on the enemy team (They're down 2000 gold to negate the carry's critical strikes only -- that's a pretty decent chunk of MR/HP/AR or damage that they've just given up for that)
It could also be some effect like - takes 33% less damage from critical hits.

Critical strikes are normally 2x damage, or 2.5 with infinity edge.

2 * (1 - .33) = 133% damage
2.5 * (1 - 0.33) = 167% damage

So base crit strikes would still add 33% damage against people with this item, but they'd be cut down quite a bit. It'd be a nice counter to insane crit stacking without completely nullifying it, and +crit damage wouldn't be an inherent counter to this item.

Bianary

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrot View Post
It could also be some effect like - takes 33% less damage from critical hits.

Critical strikes are normally 2x damage, or 2.5 with infinity edge.

2 * (1 - .33) = 133% damage
2.5 * (1 - 0.33) = 167% damage

So base crit strikes would still add 33% damage against people with this item, but they'd be cut down quite a bit. It'd be a nice counter to insane crit stacking without completely nullifying it, and +crit damage wouldn't be an inherent counter to this item.
That could work, and would allow the item to retain some of its AR/MR I'd guess. It does move it out a bit from just being a hard counter item, which I tend to dislike, so this does sound like a better solution than just zero bonus crit damage.