[New Item]: The Neutralizer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bianary

10-14-2009

One of the hardest aspects of LoL to deal with currently are carries - they can cut through your armor and dps you down extremely rapidly. There will also be some very, very hard hitting magic users in the future, when the spell crit item comes. This item is intended to help neutralize both those classes of champions, but with an extremely high cost - not only in gold, but in taking up an item slot for no other benefit than its passive. Note that all effects of its components are lost as part of the upgrade.

The Neutralizer (600 gold. Total cost: 2040 gold)
Components:
Chain Vest (700 gold)
Negatron Cloak (740 gold)

Effects:
Passive: Your champion is immune to all critical strikes.

Edit: Costs can of course be adjusted for balance, these numbers are just to provide an example as a starting point. It could also become -50% crit damage (And have some AR/MR) or other such effects, if complete neutralization is undesired. However, I think that would actually make it stronger because then it could just be bought as part of AR/MR stacking, and part of the goal of it losing the AR/MR is to make it useless for anything except crit neutralization due to how powerful that is -- a specialized item with a high cost for a high potential reward.

Emrot

10-14-2009

Interesting idea. The cost might be a little low, though. You'll be able to see an enemy carry building for crit and can buy it pretty quickly to counter them.

It could also be something like "Immunity to one critical strike per second" or every 2 seconds or something, as another way to balance it.

At any rate, I like the idea of a crit protection item.

Play

10-14-2009

As someone who pretty much only plays as Mundo, I can tell you that this item would render him almost completely useless.

Valroth

10-14-2009

Crit protection would be nice, but any well played tank + crit immunity would be almost equal to being unkillable.

I'd rather an item with an aura that reduces effective crit amount by 33% of their current value, with an extremely steep cost (say 3.6k-ish) and tanky stats (Armor/MR, not HP) and unique so it can't be stacked so there's some team benefit as well.

Overall; great idea, but probably needs a lot of work, carries aren't carries for nothing, an item like this could destroy the aim of LoL being an offensive based MOBA.

Kingreaper

10-14-2009

-crit damage is a good idea. Negating crits is not.

Scathain

10-14-2009

Dodge?

Bianary

10-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scathain View Post
Dodge?
Anti-dodge is coming.

Noetherian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2009

I like the idea of an item that either reduces critical hit damage (e.g., -75% crit damage bonus) or else an item that protects you from one critical hit every X seconds.

Drakonis

10-16-2009

make it negate debuffs like, silence and fear but no stun and slow, or simply make it reduce crit damage recieved to 1.5x damage only

DarkenDragon

10-16-2009

if im not mistaken, isnt crit calculated after armor? if not I think it should, cuz the lower the base number, the lower the crit damage by a lot, since its a multiplive number.

another idea is also make armor reduce crit damage as well, such as whatever the armor reduces in physical damage, 1/4 of that reduces crit damage as well