Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

voice chat in game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Byren

07-20-2010

dont know if there is a 'suggestion box' somewhere...didnt see if so, but i'd love to be able to have voice chat...interface with buttons/hot-keys to switch between all/team/indvidual

unless its there somewhere already and i missed it??

R66Y

07-20-2010

I think this is planned for the future, but as there are free programs that can do this (vent, TS, skype), I dont think its a priority.

Byren

07-21-2010

thats unfortunate as those tools really just allow you to talk with people you already know. if it was built into the game then you could voice chat with the 'strangers' in game...both on your team and the opposing team.

xpsychedelico

07-21-2010

If you have a Vent server up, you can simply let your teammates know the IP to join while in Champion Select, and those who have Vent will probably join you or invite you to join theirs. Sure, it may not be as effective as having a built in system, but Riot has this on their minds, it's just not a top priority right now.