Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kalamanda, a new map?!?! Evidence....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marid King

07-20-2010

Here are some select lines from the JoJ newsletter

Quote:
The sleepy, non-descript village of Kalamanda, located near the northern entrance to Mogron Pass, now finds itself wide awake as the leading lady on the world stage. The village's mayor, Anson Ridley, reported this week that a local survey team has uncovered a massive deposit of gold and precious gems within the village's sphere of influence. Furthermore, two nexuses of considerable magic potency have been discovered alongside the resource deposits.

The town council has already set up a temporary camp located near the foothills that lead to Mogron Pass and the Great Barrier in anticipation of the great influx of individuals hoping to trade a hard day's work for handsome rewards.

Mayor Ridley has acknowledged that Kalamanda itself is not properly equipped to extract and process the raw riches that lay under the village and its environs. "There's little question that we will be looking to partner with an external mining company or even one of the great city-states in the successful exploitation of these resources," Ridley said.

With the discovery of two massive nexuses in close proximity to the valuable resources, the League has also taken an interest in Kalamanda's recent good fortune.... "The League works tirelessly and diligently to identify and maintain control over the nexuses found all over the continent of Valoran."

When I first read this I figured it was just a pointless article of no value. As I read the other articles however, I found that many of them had some actual in-game value, such as announcing Wriggles Lantern. So I went back to read for the point of this article. Then it hit me...

Mogron Pass and the Great Barrier are names of Fields of Justice, as per the map RioT released. Two Nexuses. The League of Legends say they are going to get involved. This is all screaming MAP MAP MAP.

The story says that the town will get the help of a City-State. Well, I don't see Zaun, Noxia, or Demacia lying down and letting their rivals gain access to priceless riches and getting none themselves. This whole situation IMPLIES incoming conflict over the money. And how are conflicts solved on Runeterra? Champions fighting on the Fields of Justice.

RioT is developing new map modes are they not? A fierce battle over getting resources, capture-the-flag, Battlefield style, or otherwise, is absolutely a new map mode.

Therefore, I think we can be suspicious of a new Get-the-Resource map in the works.

Anyone else think so?

Serpentongue

07-20-2010

I believe Zileas confirmed that they are working on a new map in a similar thread.

Pieguy

07-20-2010

Not trying to sound rude but this is about the fifth time I have seen this thread.

FauIts

07-20-2010

I was actually expecting some sort of fatty trolling. Pleasantly surprised.

Nazzet

07-20-2010

I was hoping to see a screenshot or even, a picture

Naggarok

Recruiter

07-20-2010

I want to cap a point that gives you gold.

Also theme song for it:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K67-V4sqt3g

Private Ramirez

07-20-2010

Old news is old.

SparrowMaxx

07-20-2010

The problem is we have no other news about it that I'm aware.

Waschbar

07-20-2010

So is this the infamous "Proving Grounds" Map we've seen in the "DoTA to LoL" faq we've heard about?

Yobber

07-20-2010

SR forever.