Level requirement for ranked games increasing to 30

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strike Fear

07-20-2010

Good.
Thanks Riot.

zoey

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstorSapolsky View Post
I still view this as punishing the majority for a small minority. The angry, level 30 Summoners don't know how to weed out the poor level 30s, so they turn against the lower levels. I'd rather you make it at least make it 25. Still... the numbers back up the claims.
I suppose as someone at Level 30 I have no right to complain, but I have on and off days, too. I don't want to take it out on others for it.
At least practice games are back on. Is the four-player minimum still a requirement?
You are right

I have like a 60% win rate after prolly 50 ranked games. I was lvl 22 when I started them. I've played with so many trash level 30s its amazing. They will still be there when I am no longer allowed to play ranked. You will still cry and complain. This will change nothing

Cabtn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

Thank you so much!

Runix

07-20-2010

Thank you! And thank you for the numbers to back it up; they match my own experience, which has been that players in the low 20's have struggled against solid 30's who typically have more experience (and likely much better runes, etc.)

To the sub-20's: I realize this is not welcome news, but overall it may be the for the best. I have been a bit surprised at how competitive Ranked play has been; and I can assure you I was not any more prepared when I was Summoner level 20. Consider the extra levels good training to get ready for Ranked. And once you hit level 30 you are not going to want to be playing with players who were where you were two months ago.

Jaawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

This was such a good decision. I LOVE the graphs/data you provided. It is really interesting and gives us an idea of how you came to the decision beyond just going by feedback. More data about stuff like this in the future would be really cool.

Tesoros

07-20-2010

So am I going to get the losses taken off of my record that were the result of being teamed up with these idiots? My ELO is already screwed because of it.

Kevoun

07-20-2010

Good call

lowhonor

07-20-2010

riot... did something...right???

itaiaosi

07-20-2010

THANK GOD
Now more rune pages?

Merdle

07-20-2010

And I was enjoying ranked mode.