Level requirement for ranked games increasing to 30

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blasphemy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

I can't stop laughing at all these people.. And by all these people I mean the very few that are crying just cause they aren't 30 then people saying "I'm level 26 and I still support this!".

Look leveling to 30 isn't hard. I did it with little trouble and I have never bought an XP boost. Ask riot for conformation. Stop crying and level. You join a ranked game at level 20 and you're doing nothing but feeding the other teams level 30s. You're not in the same league as them. Their runes are 100 times better and that makes you a meal.

Get over it, level to 30, and play on an even field, cause no one likes to carry you or have you get mad that you die in 3 hits and rage quit after 7 deaths cause even with your quitting you already fed someone from the other team enough to push the scales in their favor. This change was a good change like it or not.

Schnieder

07-20-2010

if xin wasnt op, people wouldnt leave so many games

iamtehLoLrus

07-20-2010

Winning and losing is a zero sum game, so the principal features of this change for level 30s at or below 1200 ELO will be:

1) A decrease in leavers.
2) An increase in losses.

Id be interested to see how leave rate corresponds to ELO within a given level. I imagine the leave rate increases as ELO decreases, and that if you look at the distinction between level at a given ELO band it is much less severe.

MookieNJ

07-20-2010

Thank you for listening to all of the players who requested this and for showing the data that supports the decision!

AtlasNR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

This is a total outrage. How can you oust an entire group of players from ranked play for those measly difference in numbers? This is a slap in the face to your entire community base of ranked players who haven't reached level 30 yet. I'm not worried about losing my ranking. I want to play with my friends with whom I've committed time with to try and get better.

You're essentially segregating players now and from the look of it trying to make a quick buck off of people purchasing XP boosts in order get up to level.
Darn you Riot. I never would have expected such a ridiculous decision on the part of you.

pannra

07-20-2010

I applaud Riot. This company really listens to it's community. Not only do they listen but they actually research the issue and then determine what they will do. Kudos, Riot games for life.

Bedazzler

07-20-2010

so is the entire maintenance just about level 30 ranked and practice games or is there going to be some actual balancing added too?

The Promise

07-20-2010

If I could upvote this 200 times I would.

+1

BigDaddyRick

07-20-2010

Can you at least make a ladder for level 20-29 players?

Exoh

07-20-2010

Those graphs earn Riot a D+

• - Rate implies "per time," while this is clearly a simple ratio of wins to losses and stays to leaves
  • - Axes do not have titles
  • - X axis does not have units
  • - Missing any sort of statistical relevance (error bars if this is a sample or sample size and standard deviation if representative of all data)
  • - Color coding is not labeled
  • - Missing source reference
Just take this data to one of your engineers... they had to take real calc and stats.