Galio The Unforgiving Sentinel

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ace Mckick

01-28-2012

If you would look I don't play under AceMcKick. ever since Riot changed my name from AceMcKickass to what it is now. So I currently play on my other account Nongers

HibbityJibbity

01-28-2012

Anyone who knows what Galio does knows he is designed to DOMINATE AP champs. It's seriously retarded how good he is vs them, but that doesn't mean he isn't a fine tank in general. The god tanks of dominion are what they are, but Galio is still right below them regardless of the enemy composition.

In this thread, I'm seeing people compare him to Rammus and Yorick. I suppose that on some level comparison to the current best are worthwhile, but aside from blind pick, nobody's banning Galio at any time right now, and everyone bans both of those champs unless there is a counterpick (for Yorick) ready. That in itself is a significant advantage to playing, practicing, and getting good at Galio.

The truth is, you can't just go Vayne or Graves or something and counter Galio. It doesn't work like that at all. Thornmail and Galio W shrug off autos like mosquitos. Randuins is also nice on Galio and compliments his ultimate extremely well. You taunt, they attack and heal you, you Randuins them at the end, mega CC. You might think that slowing their attack slows how much damage you do, but Galio is not meant to do damage in the first place once people get some items and that assumption is what is also leading people to believe that because he can't get damage from magic resist, he is not good. He can only do damage while building tanky versus people whose only MR is merc treads, and even then your damage is somewhat gimped.

It should be looked at like this. His passive encourages him to build MR, so if you have 3 APs for whatever reason, Galio becomes a monster. in other words, you're almost forced to build AD. Galio's W and his R are EXCELLENT in fights against ADs, and especially when carries duel, his W and E is amazing, allowing your carry to tank and run from/chase the enemy carry with ease. Against some comps, his ultimate is actually negated, specifically when silenced. Most of the champs that do that are actually AP. So, no, he is not purely designed for dealing with APs, and since just an Aegis and Chalice give him enough MR for 50 AP anyway, rarely will you find his passive completely useless.

Imfrknbad

01-29-2012

[QUOTE=Ace Mckick;20238485]I've been carrying games hard as him recently. Why does it seem like I'm the only one who's using him? I mean I know he's situational, but I just can't seem to stop winning with him. 15 game winning streak with him atm[/QUOTE

Actually I don't find him situational. I've been playing him a lot and he's really great in dominion. He is like alistar IMO he's amazing and underrated.