Nashor's Thread Plug

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

01-26-2012

Hey, Dominion folks. I think you can give me better advice than the trite **** I've gotten yet. Here's the thread: "Is Nashor's Cost Effective Now?"

Edit: They censor the "c" word. Oh lol.

Kiddalee

01-26-2012

Boosh!

Euthrosyne

01-26-2012

Just run a quick stat/cost analysis on it to answer your question. Probably has been done already, but I'll do one here. What do you mean by now, though? Lowering the price by 100 and increasing the AP by 10 made it more cost effective just by virtue of those additions, but to what end do you seek additional cost effectiveness?

Stats:
65 AP
50% AS
10 Mreg
25% CDR

Amp. Tome: 20 AP, 435 gold --> 1414 gold
Dagger: 15% AS, 420 gold --> 1400 gold
Meki: 3 mren, 180 gold --> 600 gold
CDR has no basic item, but assuming 10% CDR is worth 450 gold (Elixir of Bril), then you have another 1125 gold worth of CD. It's not a good approximation at all.

So, yes, as the posters from before say, it is cost effective, but why are you thinking about it?

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2012

Does it matter that much?

Not much champs benefit from it, and for the one it does, its always been an useful item (think Kayle)
And having its cost lowered only means those champions have a little extra gold to spare!

Basoosh

01-27-2012

I still am not a fan of it, especially on Dominion. Too much money burnt on MP5. Rest of stats are awkward and only fit a select few champions. I still don't like it on Kayle even (although, just plain Stinger is nice for her).

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2012

Once we get dominion bots so I can try stupid builds without feeling bad, I was going to try it on Teemo, Kog, & maybe Fizz. It is crazy gold-efficient now, & Kitae just isn't that useful against most team comps, so I was going to try Nashor's instead. Does that make any sense?

Aroyok

01-27-2012

I use it on Orianna along with Malady. I used to run Zerker Greaves too, but CDR boots + Nashor's = 40% CDR, and Ori definitely needs CDR. Mp/5 helps her from ooming all the time and AS and AP...dat passive...

Warrrrax

01-27-2012

In theory it is cost effective, but its an odd combination of stats.

MP5 is pretty much a waste on dominion. Thats 600g worth thrown out the window.
25% CDR is awesome, no doubt there.
50% AS is great.
65 AP is fine.

But even champs like JAX don't really love it because he needs survivability which this does not provide.
Ditto with Kayle.
Sion focuses on AD or AP, not both.

Its a fine item that doesn't really have a target audience. Even teemo doesn't use it anymore.

lbgsloan

01-27-2012

Cost effective? Yes. Useful? No. Such a random collection of stats that nobody wants. If they tossed out the regen and lowered the cost accordingly, you might have something. Even then there's maybe 3-4 champions who MIGHT consider it.

Needs to reworked into an AD item IMO. Make an item with moderate AD, CDR, and AS and you'd have a winner.

Kiddalee

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Cost effective? Yes. Useful? No. Such a random collection of stats that nobody wants. If they tossed out the regen and lowered the cost accordingly, you might have something. Even then there's maybe 3-4 champions who MIGHT consider it.

Needs to reworked into an AD item IMO. Make an item with moderate AD, CDR, and AS and you'd have a winner.
To take out the mana would make it too easy for AD casters to max their CDR without wasting money. I'm pretty sure there is a reason why only four CDR items without mana/regen exist.