The cure for laning against ashe early?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Octovert

10-14-2009

First things first: This is not a nerf ashe thread. I don't think ashe needs a nerf at all. I think she's fine the way she is. However, under a very specific set of circumstances, I have trouble laning against her. Read on.

I usually play melee tankish characters. As Rammus, one of my least favorite things is to end up in the middle against ashe. Now i realize that just switching out is probably preferable, and I usually do it. But the question i have is this:

If you had your choice of any champion as a lane partner to help with this scenario, who would it be?

Aurax

10-14-2009

Another stunner tank, just to kill her two or three times in the first levels and teach her a lesson the hard way... Chogath Rupture Skill is perfect for this, because can be casted far away from her arrows, but Alistar flash+stun+horns combo (throwing her to you for finish) or Blitzcrank Flying Sticky Stunner Fist are equally good options...

Ashe is weak at the beginning, so if you make her life difficult, she wont be the carry at the end of the match.

There is another excellent champion to deny her farming, and is Tryndamere spamming Mocking Shout... agressive movement forward, she retreats, Mocking... bam! Damage and movement reduction, so farming is greatly decreased.

Even if you are solo, just stay near your tower, buy HP regen item, cover yourself with your own minions, last hit hers, and be careful when she reaches level 6. Then ask for gank assistance.

Cheers!

Pharmacologist

10-14-2009

Uh, ashe is really hard to shut down. And the main reason is her huge range and snare spam. You basically need some kind of dual stun lane preferably with some kind of positional control like crank or alistar to actually shut her down. Or, what most people do is just put some other farm happy ranged champion mid against her and just have a boring farm-off until ganks start.

She's one of the best solos in the game in the mid lane.

Urcaen

10-14-2009

If you're playing Singed you have all you need to shut her down. I tend to start off with a regrowth pendant for regen, and use teleport and ghost as my summoner spells. Wait until you level up a couple times, and keep pushing her creeps with poison trail. Most Ashe players will back off when you run in. She's very fragile and you exploit that to keep her away from your minions. Once you hit 4 you should have two points in fling and poison trail. Just wait til she's not really watching you closely, pop ghost and run in with poison trail active, fling her over her own creeps and lay the hurt on. At the very least shes likely to retreat, and if you're lucky you can kill her. After you get your ultimate it's just a matter of avoiding her ult and chasing her down. Singed is very capable of passing a tower in order to kill a champion, especially with his ult and ghost up.

Octovert

10-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urcaen View Post
If you're playing Singed you have all you need to shut her down. I tend to start off with a regrowth pendant for regen, and use teleport and ghost as my summoner spells. Wait until you level up a couple times, and keep pushing her creeps with poison trail. Most Ashe players will back off when you run in. She's very fragile and you exploit that to keep her away from your minions. Once you hit 4 you should have two points in fling and poison trail. Just wait til she's not really watching you closely, pop ghost and run in with poison trail active, fling her over her own creeps and lay the hurt on. At the very least shes likely to retreat, and if you're lucky you can kill her. After you get your ultimate it's just a matter of avoiding her ult and chasing her down. Singed is very capable of passing a tower in order to kill a champion, especially with his ult and ghost up.
I probably should have just come out at say it - this is mostly about rammus. I played singed a lot, and you're right, liberal use of poison trail early on tends to keep just about anyone off of me. But poor rammus. No good early laning tools, and his just gets shot up in his shell the first little while.

yoshanity

10-14-2009

A good Singed, can hardly even be touched against a solo Ashe mid lane...Ashe DOES NOT have much killing power outside of her ult and maybe a Lizard buff early game.

Enduro

10-14-2009

As a melee there isnt a whole lot you can against ashe, she has you beat on range, and with her slow she can almost always get out, if you use Warwick you might be able to take her with your ult as it teleports and stuns.

If you have a partner, Ryze works great with his prison. Ive never died to an Ashe solo lane when I'm Ryze, although I cant usually get her dead unless I've harassed a bit or pop my ult

I've been able to handle Ashe also with Malphite after harassing for a bit, with the Ult she is dead before she knows what hit her.

Arete

10-14-2009

Solo laning ashe is all about TEAMMATES helping you. She can creep well, push decent, and snare you to run away. When she reaches six, her ult can become a one-shot kill pretty much, it hits you, and you die.

The thing is, most Ashe will push/creep and try to final shot everything they can, wanting to be that 25/0 carry late-game... That is where the mistake comes along, what you need a teammate to come every 5 minutes or so, and pressure her. Scare her. If she pushes across mid-map, and you taunt her while a teammate runs up, you'll might get a kill.

If you don't, the teammate comes back in a few minutes. This will make Ashe play alot more defensively, and if she doesn't, she dies quite a few times.

Sometimes the best way to own someone, is to simply scare them with the possibility of death.

Same thing for Fortify, I use it early, and sometimes it discourages people from pushing, and even when its on cooldown!

bigjose53

10-14-2009

I usually encounter an ashe while i solo as jaxs and i find that just being a pain in her ass helps out alot.....especially when i have my leap attack in the beginning of the game....you dive and take little strikes at her and usually that pisses the ashe player off....then i use my exhaust when she low on health and i kill her....thats what i find that works.....just an idea!!!!

crazyrednek

10-14-2009

Seems like most of posters here haven't really play against competent Ashe. She's absolute monster at soloing basically due to fantastic ranged harass ability - to avoid getting hit by volley you need to stay back behind creeps or on the very edge of volley range - basically it means that if you are melee you are ****ed

And lol at running in even as Singed into Ashe early levels - volley + a shot or two and she just backs off taking good chunk of your hp - few more actions like that and you are constantly at around 50% hp or worse leaving you open to a gank (or even insta lvl 6 ult in your face ).

And to OP - get either ranged support if you want to duo lane vs ashe or get ranged char to solo mid. Rammus is ****ed here pretty much.