Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

Suggestion to Reduce Complaining About Ranked Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I feel a lot of the complaining being produced by season one is a result of people being told that the are below average. For any ranking system to work, however, you will necessarily have half of the people be below average, so that cannot change.

My suggestion is to group everyone who is not at least one standard deviation above average into broad categories of skill.

For a normal distribution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Standard_deviation_diagram.svg), and using generic metal rankings, this might go as follows:

Bottom 16 percent----------Bronze League

Middle 68 percent-----------Silver League

Top 16 percent---------------Gold League

For the gold league you could publicly report and rank the players according to specific elo numbers. You could even privately report elo numbers to everyone in all leagues as long as not everyone could see it.

I think this would make the game more enjoyable for most players, and reduce the stakes a little. You might say this defeats the purpose of ranked play, and i would actually agree, but you cannot bar average people from playing in the ranked system, and this might make it a more positive experience for them.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sound goods...